Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Prayer for a friend

It's customary for great spirits to leave behind a small prayer when they visit Inspiration Peak. We invite you to join in this tradition.
Muchoki
Beautiful Soul

Post by Muchoki » August 12, 2010, 6:39 am

Dear Jesus,

It's not fair. In so many ways that I cannot even begin to imagine, it's not fair!!

She was only 23 years old Lord..23 years old…she was practically a baby!! It's not fair Lord, it so isn't!!! They raped her and butchered her and left her on her mother's bed…for her mother to find!!! Seriously Lord, how is that fair? That family is torn up Lord, they don't know what to think or how to handle this.

My friend, the brother, is so bitter and so angry Lord. He is so hurt and this is breaking him down, As the first born he has to be strong for the rest of the family but it's hard Lord, I can not even imagine how hard this must be for him.

The unfairness of it strikes me so much Lord, I'm tempted to ask 'Where were you Lord? Where were you when a 23 year old girl was raped in her mother's bed and butchered to death? Where were you Lord?' But I already know the answer. You were right there.

You were right there Lord and it broke your heart to see them do that. I know it broke your heart Lord to watch them commit this heinous crime. I know you were there Lord and this did not take you by surprise. Neither is my friend's (and his family's) pain taking you by surprise Lord. I know you are there and I know you're grieving with them. I know you're holding them in your arms Jesus because that's the only way anyone can get through something like this.

And so Lord, I leave them in your able hands.

I put my friend in your hands Lord. I can't do anything to help him, much as I'd like to. I'm helpless when it comes to his pain Lord and that makes me hurt. I hurt for him Lord. I hurt because I cannot even begin to imagine how this must make him feel. I hurt because I don't know any way to help him Lord.

But I know Lord that you know and that is enough for me because I know when you keep someone Lord, they really are kept. Keep him, his family and loved ones and give them comfort that surpasses all human understanding. Let them know the comfort of staying embraced by you from one scarred hand to the other. Let them know that you are able to rescue them from the bitterness and anger something like this brings. Let them know that you are there…in every little way that counts…let them know.

Let them know Jesus.
As footsteps shies the front,
preferring the wake to decorate,
my life i pray,
shall acquire similar character.

Sparky
Beautiful Soul

Post by Sparky » August 12, 2010, 4:37 pm

(((((Muchoki)))),

I am at a loss for words. As a mother I can't imagine the horror of this living nightmare that this family has had to go through. But I am thankful that your questioning heart knows the truth and the love of a compassionate Lord. I will pray for them all.

Love,
Barbie
Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows.

~ Helen Keller

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » August 12, 2010, 5:38 pm

Oh Dear God... adding my AMEN! to the heartrending prayer of our friend (((Muchoki)))) insane sorrows... and yet some say there are no evil people. Yes, there are. You alone are the Righteous One. It is You who will bring Justice... but now... I join in prayers of comfort and resiliance for this agonized family and friends. Indeed... from scarred hand to scarred hand! Amen...
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Laura Sue
Beautiful Soul

Post by Laura Sue » August 19, 2010, 10:23 pm

I am so grateful that you wrote this, horrible as it is.

My stomach turned, my heart ached - prayers are on the way.

Laura

jc_nithya
Beautiful Soul

Post by jc_nithya » September 13, 2010, 11:48 am

amen...
The only bliss that we possess on earth is loving God and knowing that He loves us...

Post Reply < PreviousNext >