Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

A clean, well-lighted place to discuss inspirational books and exchange reviews.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
travish
Good Friend

Post by travish » April 6, 2008, 2:22 pm

My favorite book and for me the most inspirational is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. This book is a very simple tale of a shepherd named Santiago who has a dream. He almost dismisses it as nothing and with the help of several people he decides to go find his dream. Along his journey, he learns how to listen to his surroundings and pay attention to the signs that exist in the world.
This book focuses on our Personal Legends, the thing that each of us hopes to attain in our lives. It teaches that we must work with the people and nature that surround us, and listen to a higher power to stay on the path to achieving our goals.
This book has given me new direction in life. I now pay more attention to my surroundings.
I recommend this and any book by Paulo Coelho. They are all excellent and motivating.
Help me inspire the world. Visit my blog at:
http://thehumanpotentialproject.blogspot.com/

Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable