Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

An Inconvenient Truth

Have you been inspired by any great movies lately? Let us know about them!
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » February 26, 2007, 6:14 pm

An Inconvenient Truth as told by Al Gore is an amazing look at the fragility of our Earth... our home. We strive to better ourselves in so many ways. To be the change we wish to see in this world as Mahatma Ghandi spoke. To love our neighbor as our self as God says. To love, cherish until death do us part as marrieds speak. To be there no matter what as friends echo. On and on it goes. But unless there is a worldwide awakening to this very serious "Inconvenient Truth", all the love and gentleness of soul cannot repair the damage to our world. Love and respect is what every person desires, it is also what our planet demands... the dysfunction is at the crisis point. There is no doubt.
I hope everyone chooses what they can do personally... combined around this globe... it could mean everything!

I highly recommend you rent the dvd and then take action in loving the world as much as you long to love and be loved!

Love Lion~*WhatTheWorldNeedsNowIsLoveSweetLove...
It'sTheOnlyThingThatThere'sJustTooLittleOfPaw ;b

;b I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing in Perfect Harmony
I'd Like to Hold it in my Arms and Keep it Company! ;b Thanks Buffy Saint Marie! ;b
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » February 27, 2007, 1:35 am

Amen dear Lion,

Ecology should be an integral part of every childs education. Not just a cursory lesson about the importance of recycling or the worsening greenhouse effect. We need to teach a deep understanding that the earth is one organism of which we are all a part. We need to foster intimacy with nature. If we dont then our arrogance will cost us dearly.... it already is.

In the hope of a brighter, greener, tommorrow,

Maithri
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

Marcus02
Fellow Traveler

Post by Marcus02 » March 20, 2007, 7:59 pm

i understand and agree with everything Al Gore had to say in that movie. However, hopefully without offending anybody, i would like to call him a hypocrite. his home takes more energy in a day than the average persons house does in a month. i still agree with most of the movie i just think if he wants to educate people about this subject he should set and example for it.
"If you never think you never change your mind"
-Sherwood

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » March 20, 2007, 10:08 pm

I could not comment on his personal home. I have no idea what his monthly energy bills might be... I suppose that is between him and the utility company. I do suspect however that we would all have red faces about our own energy consumption and use of natural and unnatural resources. ??? We shine in some areas and are sometimes mirky in others... such are our strengths and weaknesses. One person has a lightbulb... while another only has a candle... one uses hydro and one puts out CO2 from its flame! :? It is in adjusting even a small bit that communally makes a great impact for the good!

Love Lion~*ShutThatLightOffAndOpenTheBlindsInsteadPaw :D:
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Marcus02
Fellow Traveler

Post by Marcus02 » March 21, 2007, 6:12 am

too true, I see your point.
"If you never think you never change your mind"
-Sherwood

Post Reply < PreviousNext >