Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Taare Zameen Par - Every Child Is Special

Have you been inspired by any great movies lately? Let us know about them!
Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » October 18, 2008, 2:49 pm

I was flying home the other night and this movie happened to be playing on the 'Independent Releases' channel. Now, if I had known how emotional I would get I probably wouldn't have watched it in such a public place... (a good Hallmark commercial can make me cry! ;-) but once I started it, there was no turning back.

It's an Indian (Bollywood) film about a gifted eight-year-old boy that suffers greatly at home and school until an art teacher discovers that the boy is dyslexic. If you're used to American films, it may seem a little slow in the first half - but the boy's acting is wonderful throughout the entire film and even the slow parts offer a fascinating look at modern day life in India.

The second half - when the art teacher comes into the picture - is where the film really comes to life. By this time, you've fallen in love with the kid and you realize that the art teacher is the only one who truly understands him. I'll leave it there so I don't give away the whole film... but I truly can't say enough good things about the film.

Here's a short trailer:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64xV9l7O3cg&NR=1[/youtube]

And here's a video from the film - when we are first introduced to the new art teacher. (It's kind of silly, but fun!) The song is called 'Bum Bum Bole' and from what I read, it's quite the sensation in India!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwaF7BEz8Jc[/youtube]

Released in 2007; 120 minutes; Hindi and English (with English subtitles)

Here's the official website (with more trailers):
Taare Zameen Par

Shalini
Good Friend

Post by Shalini » January 17, 2009, 11:28 pm

The tragedy is, most Indian schools are just not equipped to deal with children who walk to the beat of a different drummer. Personally, I wish the movie had been less Bollywood-ish - I feel it would have been more effective - but I guess it wouldn't have been a box office hit - we need all the spice sprinkled on :)
To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides - David Viscott

Post Reply < PreviousNext >