Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

The Four Feathers

Have you been inspired by any great movies lately? Let us know about them!
mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » February 11, 2010, 1:51 pm

The Four Feathers is a 1902 adventure novel by British writer A.E.W. Mason
A British army officer who resigns his commission on the eve of his unit's embarkation to a mission against Egyptian rebels seeks to redeem his cowardice by secretly aiding his former comrades disguised as an Arab. When his unit is overwhelmed and captured by the rebels, the hero finds an opportunity to return the 'feathers' of cowardice sent to him by his former comrades by freeing them. Written by Anonymous
Remake of the 1939 original.( John Clements ~Ralph Richardson ~ C. Aubrey Smith~ June Duprez )

(Clips and trailers link at end of post.)

I saw this movie a few years back and watched it again last night.
To me it personifies extraordinary circumstances.
Life in the idyll of success and love and internal conflict.
Loss of self and all that identity has to offer. Redemption in the face of death. Ultimately friendship and love and finding one's self.

I watched the 2002 Miramax version with Heath Ledger, Wes Bently and Kate Hudson.

Video clips and trailers may be viewed here~http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1807859468/trailer
Last edited by mwzephyr on March 2, 2010, 5:23 am, edited 4 times in total.

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » February 11, 2010, 2:38 pm

I also watched this a few years back and was deeply moved... and again just a couple weeks ago! " The Four Feathers" has a very vital line in it that has resounded in my own life to astonishing depths. I'll never forget the incredible exchange between the two 'friends':
" Why do you care?"
'Because God placed you on my path!'

It has proven to hold very significant answers.

~~~

Your inspired poem is very well spoken and brims with the emotion that is ever present in this movie and most certainly in the details of life!

love Lion~*FourIndeedPlacedAndNeverBlownAwayPaw
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >