Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Brother Sun, Sister Moon

Have you been inspired by any great movies lately? Let us know about them!
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » April 5, 2007, 10:48 pm

My friends,

For those who havent seen it (and for those who have) this is a classic beautifully crafted movie about the great St Francis of Assisi. A film by Franco Zeffirelli made in 1972, it has lost none of its power today.

Be inspired by the story of this great peacemaker. And make a new commitment to being an instrument of peace yourself.

In love and peace always,

Maithri.
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Liebestraum » May 20, 2007, 5:50 am

Indeed St. Francis' story is fascinating, he truly was a disciple of Jesus, he refused the comfort of his rich family and became poor, but enlightened. Both , my husband and my son have this name Francesco as their first name, in honor of San Francesco. My son was baptised by a Brother of the Order of St. Francis, who had been a Missionary in the East for many years.
Yes, dear Maithri, you are right, Zeffirelli's movie is highly inspiring and though I have seen it more than once, I love to see it again. It reminds us of how Jesus wanted us to live and to act. Even if we are not able to imitate St. Francis' life, we can learn many a lesson from him and be more aware of what it means to be there for others.
Love,
Margherita :)
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Post Reply < PreviousNext >
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable