Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Into The Wild

Have you been inspired by any great movies lately? Let us know about them!
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » October 5, 2007, 9:35 am

Just saw this last night and doubt that I'll ever forget it.

It's about a young man disillusioned by his family and society who runs away from it all to be one with nature. He finally makes it to Alaska, but the film is really about the people he meets and the lessons he learns along the way.

The cinematography is breathtaking and, in my humble opinion, it was brilliantly directed by first time director Sean Penn.

(Because it's so beautifully filmed I would highly recommend seeing it while it's still on the big screen!)

Click here to view the trailer!

jeevan
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by jeevan » May 10, 2008, 7:39 pm

i agree - i related to the main character in his quest for spirituality. this is a true story - he wanted to figure himself out, to find out what life is all about, to understand his spirituality. the only way he could do this was by himself and so had to get away from society, family, everyone.

and in this day and age there is no way one can get lost and disappear. so the only possibility is to dismiss the map.

if you go to google video and type in into the wild, the director actually interviews with charlie rose in the charlie rose show. this was a very interesting interview and goes to length about how the director himself identified with the main character, and how he actually met the parents of the main character. this is a great movie.

i love the quote the movie uses of lord byron:

THERE is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more,
From these our interviews, in which I steal
From all I may be, or have been before,
To mingle with the Universe, and feel
What I can ne'er express, yet cannot all conceal.

Lord Byron,

great quote - i would check out the charlie rose interview.

i love this website.

Post Reply < PreviousNext >
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable