Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

The Pursuit of Happiness

Have you been inspired by any great movies lately? Let us know about them!
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
franz
Fellow Traveler
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by franz » February 11, 2007, 1:48 am

How did it change your life?
Last edited by franz on February 11, 2007, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » February 11, 2007, 6:02 am

I'm not sure this movie changed my life... but it did inspire me. For those of you who may not have seen it, it's the true story of a young father (played by Will Smith) who is very down on his luck but he doesn't let this - or even homelessness - dampen his 'American Dream' of working for a major financial investment firm and giving himself and his young son a better life.

Even though I really enjoyed the movie... there's something that bothered me afterwards... I couldn't help but think of the many homeless people who for whatever reason don't have the physical or mental health necessary to succeed in today's demanding workforce. What will become of them and what can we as a society do to help?

Muchoki
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Muchoki » March 27, 2007, 11:08 pm

I totally and absolutely loved this movie.
it was inspiring.
i think what i loved most was seeing the guy at the end of his rope n not giving up. finding the strength and courage to wake up everyday n keep going despite being homeless, jobless n all - that was amazing.
:D:
As footsteps shies the front,
preferring the wake to decorate,
my life i pray,
shall acquire similar character.

Post Reply < PreviousNext >