Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Maithri's favourite movie ;)

Have you been inspired by any great movies lately? Let us know about them!
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » December 31, 2007, 11:46 pm

Hey there friends,

A very happy new year to you all. Wherever you are and however you celebrate, i hope that soft light will find you this year and hold you in its gentle embrace.

I saw a movie today ;) Which instantly became my favourite movie.

It is called "The girl in the cafe". It was made around the time of the G8 conference regarding sending aid to and halving the debt of poor African nations.

Its a love story. Which won several Emmy awards and is written by Richard Curtis who wrote 'Love actually'... and its message is deep and powerful.

I love it and i know you will too...

Tell your friends about it, sit down together, watch it...

and then talk about what you can do in your own way to make things better for the world.

Have a wonderful year,

Love the world into change,

Maithri

http://www.amazon.com/Girl-Cafe-Bill-Ni ... B000A59PL0
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Liebestraum » January 2, 2008, 4:27 pm

Thank you dear Maithri for this information and for your always deeply involving invitation to Love the world into change.

We only need to follow in your footsteps!

I will try to view this movie and to tell others too.

Love and hugs, beautiful soul.
Margherita :)
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Hollyberry
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Hollyberry » January 7, 2008, 1:58 pm

Hi, Maithri,

I have actually heard of this and forgot that I wanted to see it. Thanks for the reminder! I will add it to my movie queu. I need a good love story.

Thanks again!

Holly :)
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."

~Willa Cather

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » February 11, 2008, 11:29 am

I finally had a chance to watch this last night Maithri and I can totally see why you love it.

The ending was phenomenal... but my favorite line of the whole movie was when the young woman was asked if it were her child that was hurt and she looked back and said 'Does it really matter whose child it was?' (I don't think I'll ever forget these words.)

Hope you're enjoying your summer down there mate... and thanks again!

~ Ron

LadySolaris
Beloved Pest

Post by LadySolaris » February 11, 2008, 2:38 pm

It is a great movie that opens your heart, mind, and soul to the message between the lines: be humble and believe in turning the impossible into possible - it can be done. Stop believing in "cannot". Thank you Maithri for the suggestion!

Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » February 16, 2008, 3:48 pm

Thank you dear friends for your kind responses...

If you like this one... then this one will touch your heart also...

It moves me to tears every time I see it,

Its message simple "Love has the power to change our tommorrows"....

http://www.yesterdaythemovie.co.za/index.asp

Its called 'Yesterday' - check it out!

I believe in these two films. I believe in their power to speak to us and change the way we see things... if we only listen...and watch... and listen some more...

With love to you all,

M
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » March 16, 2008, 11:11 pm

Watched * The Girl in the Cafe* last night. It is a very well done film... shows how the courage of 'one' to stand up for what is right ... for what is truly humane!!! How it does indeed provoke others into being courageous instead of numbed by cowardice inaction... to take forceful, needful action to save lives... to say "NO MORE USELESS WORDS... DO... Just Do It!!!! BE IT ... For your own self respect sake do something instead of nothing for the love of REAL Lives!!!! " Truly, what do you think yours is worth? Would you not want someone to reach you if it were you?
The same can be applied upon our daily lives within our own realm of living... but truly must! extend out constantly to broaden our awareness and love to encompass our world family.

I agree Ron... the line... 'Does it really matter whose child it was?'
I have four sons... almost lost one of them a year ago... the closeness of it was unthinkable and most certainly unbearable! When I see mothers and fathers HOWL in agony in the despairing grief of their child's death... my heart is torn by a jagged blade! So many refuse to look upon the devestation of the children, mothers and fathers dying as we blink, blink , blink our eyes... sighing that it is not " here"... is not " mine". How heartless! In a blink... it could be. Perhaps not from starvation, or AIDS... but whose heart would ache more? whose less? There are different details to each of our lives... but emotion... emotion is our common link heart to mind to soul...

Love Lion~*BeKindToAllMankind...LoveWell...ReachFurtherPaw
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >