Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Living Darfur - Mattafix.

Tell us about the music that inspires you!
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Luckintheshadows
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Luckintheshadows » July 15, 2008, 7:43 am

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=qQwCCm-H-sU[/youtube]

I think this has got to be, without a doubt, the most beautifully written, inspirational song I have heard in a very long time.

It incorporates an almost sensual feeling background of music, the always beautiful voices that come out of Africa, and the lyrics are just phenomenal.

This song never fails to send shivers through me, and life my soul to glorious heights....

AND just to cap it off, the lead singer is HOT, and they're doing something good for humanity...because a percentage of the royalties this song makes go to helping the people in Darfur.

Here's the lyrics:

See the nation through the people's eyes,
See tears that flow like rivers from the skies.
Where it seems there are only borderlines
Where others turn and sigh,
You shall rise x2

There's disaster in your past
Boundaries in your path
What do you desire will lift you higher?
You don't have to be extraordinary, just forgiving.
And those who never heard your cries,
You shall rise x2
And look toward the skies.
Where others fail, you prevail in time.
You shall rise.

Awu indoda yam
hayi lapho olelekhona
Hayi indoda yam
Ubaba wabantwabami

Mina lezingane zami sisohlala sikhumbula
mina lezingane zami sisoshlala sikhumbula

(You may never know,
If you lay low, lay low) x4
You shall rise x3

Sooner or later we must try... Living
(You may never know,
If you lay low, lay low) x4

See the nation through the people's eyes,
See tears that flow like rivers from the skies.
Where it seems there are only borderlines
Where others turn and sigh,
You shall rise x4

(You may never know,
If you lay low, lay low) 4x

Sooner or later we must try... Living

I think there's a video link here where I got the lyrics from...I'm on dial up so I don't know how good it is...also, if anyone knows the translation? to the middle lyrics....I couldn't find one.

Living Darfur

Blessings,

Luck.

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » July 15, 2008, 9:57 am

This song is SO cool Luck... thank you for sharing it with us!!

PS... I hope you don't mind... I placed a video link in your post just to make it a little easier. ;)

Luckintheshadows
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Luckintheshadows » July 15, 2008, 11:04 am

ooooh.!!! That's great Ron :) Thanks so much for adding that in there...I tell you, Dial-up can really be the pits sometimes, but, it's better than no internet...

LOL! I'm glad you liked the song too :P

Blessings,

Luck.

Mammy
Beautiful Soul

Post by Mammy » July 15, 2008, 12:18 pm

That's just beautiful :)

Thanks for sharing!

Mammy x x x

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » July 15, 2008, 2:57 pm

I remember well the days of dial-up Luck! In fact, I built most of this website while attached to a 56k phone modem!

Also wanted to let you know I broke down and paid the $2 to download this video from iTunes (do a search for Mattafix) - just to see the faces and brilliant colors on a larger screen makes it worth every penny.

Thank you again! :)

Post Reply < PreviousNext >