Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

A sincere friend

Tell us about a person who has made a big difference in your life! Maybe it was a teacher, a grandparent, an artist... or maybe a stranger you met on the street. Whoever it is... this is the place to officially recognize them!
flyingrabbit
Beautiful Soul

Post by flyingrabbit » July 14, 2008, 10:51 am

she was a friend of our family. i didn't know her too much, she was around my mother's age. she was close to our family when i was still a little kid, but then we rarely contacted each other anymore.
several months ago, we received a news that she had breast cancer (fourth stage), and two days later we received another news.. she died.

on our way home after attending her funeral, my mom told me all about her, the story i never knew before, the angel i was too late to know.

so when i was only 2 or 3 years old, our family was in a very bad economic condition. we had to sell empty buckets everyday to eat. one day, i had fever, my throat hurt. i couldn't eat, i cried all day long, i was hungry. i held a plate of noodle, didn't eat it, but i also didn't let my mom take it away from my hands. my mom was really confused what to do. we didn't have enough money even to go to a doctor. occasionally, she came to visit us. she asked what was happening, and she told my mom to bring me to a doctor, gave us the money, although my mom didn't ask at all.
that was only one example of her kindness to us. she wasn't rich either, just better than us that time.

then after several years, we weren't as close as before anymore. no particular reasons, well maybe just because we moved house, farther location, and both got busier with our own families... both our families were already in much better economic condition. we still contacted each other (or my parents i should say), but not so often.

until several months ago when we heard that news.. we were shocked. her family told us that they just found out about her cancer 2 days before us. so she'd known she had cancer for years but she never told anyone, even her family. because her family was in terrible economic condition, no one knew this as well, she always looked fine in front of us. how bad was her economic condition? she and her husband walked to their daughter's house everyday, about 10 - 15 kilometers, couldn't even afford to take a bus.
she was a really nice person, she didn't want to bother anyone. she knew her family didn't have money to cure her cancer. she didn't want her family to be sad, didn't want anyone to have to spend that much money only for her. her daughter found out about it, not because she told it herself, but because her daughter saw one of her breasts have been rotten (well imagine how bad it was, she only lived 1 more week although she received some treatments in that last week). she refused to be brought to the hospital, because she said 'it was expensive, how could we afford to pay it', besides it was too late anyway. she still didn't want her family to tell anyone, but her daughter couldn't stand it anymore and told us all.

we all tried to help, just to keep her live longer. but everything was indeed too late.

from my perspective, she was there when i needed the most, when i was in a lot of pain (as a little kid), she helped to reduce my pain, i don’t know how i would be if she didn’t come and help us that time. but now, i’ve graduated, i’ve worked in a good company, never knew she’d been in a really bad economic condition all these years, i wasn’t there when she needed the most, i failed to reduce her pain even a bit. at the end, i was only able to help them buy her coffin..

now when i know all about this, it’s all too late..

she always wanted to help people and never expected anything in return. she kept all her pains and sufferings by herself. she was closest to those who were in worst conditions. an incredibly kind and strong woman. she was a real life angel for me!

p.s. sorry for making it too long :p

should i put this in Real-Life Inspirational Stories and not here?

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » July 15, 2008, 12:48 am

Dear ((((flyingrabbit))))

...with heartfelt thanx for tapping into ones heart and soul with this journey of sincere friendship!!...it touched me to the very core in a way words alone are hard to express...shes indeed an incredible inspiration and real life angel...know that while you keep her in your memory she is still that angel for you even today and if you give to others as she did for you her spirit lives on in you!!!...

...and I didn't find it too long at all...you wrote it very well and I am very proud of you for what you have shared with IP...

love & blessings
ladybird luv luv luv
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

kena_quote
Beautiful Soul

Post by kena_quote » July 15, 2008, 2:16 am

that was so sad...

='(

anyway, her good deeds will always be in your hearts, and i think she truly deserves to be cherished, so selfless... and giving...it makes me teary-eyed ='(

thanks for sharing such story flyingrabbit...

flyingrabbit
Beautiful Soul

Post by flyingrabbit » July 15, 2008, 2:59 am

thanks ladybird and kena..
actually i didn't intend to write this story yesterday. i was just visiting this site, while suddenly the memory of her appeared in my mind.
and usually i'm not a good story teller :p, but the words just flew from my mind easily yesterday lol

Post Reply < PreviousNext >