Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Unforgettable Mentor

Tell us about a person who has made a big difference in your life! Maybe it was a teacher, a grandparent, an artist... or maybe a stranger you met on the street. Whoever it is... this is the place to officially recognize them!
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kena_quote
Beautiful Soul

Post by kena_quote » June 9, 2008, 8:42 pm

If there's one person who had a great impact in my life aside from my cherished mother is my late teacher in economics in high school. He taught us not only the daily lesson a subject may offer, but also lessons in life in which experience was the subject. He was the one who encouraged us to go for our dreams, it doesn't matter how far it may be, as long as we will try to reach it with a good heart. When he passed away, it was one of the saddest part of my life. I had learned so much of his teachings. His words of wisdom are still ringing in my head. I will never forget how he touch my soul with his inspiring words that stated this way:

"Most of those ignored or unfavored children by their parents, are the ones who will likely to succeed and will take the responsibility in taking care of their parents when the favorite child refuse to help."

When I was a child I used to belong with the unfavored children. I'm just thankful that my mother realized how unfair it could be. So her equal attention and love to us have stayed in our home for a long time.

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » June 17, 2008, 11:14 pm

Your teacher sounds like a very wise man Kena... I'm sure that the wisdom he shared with your class will filter down through many generations.

(Thank you for sharing! ;) )

~ Ron

kena_quote
Beautiful Soul

Post by kena_quote » June 18, 2008, 9:39 pm

Hello Ron!

Thank you for taking the time to read my contribution here in IP.

I will always treasure the lessons I learned from my teacher.

More power.

caremost,

kena_quote =) :) :)

Post Reply < PreviousNext >
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable