Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Angel of Mine

Tell us about a person who has made a big difference in your life! Maybe it was a teacher, a grandparent, an artist... or maybe a stranger you met on the street. Whoever it is... this is the place to officially recognize them!
sam
Beautiful Soul

Post by sam » July 17, 2008, 1:36 am

A few years ago, when i was still in high school, i encountered a wonderful, warm and driven teacher. At that time in my life, there were many changes to adjust too, apart from the usual teenage gripes, my parents had divorced, my mom had re-married and was expecting another baby. My older brother and i had opted to stay with my dad due to the fact that he was keeping the house, so we didn't have to relocate... my mom felt betrayed, as though we didn't love her as much as my dad...

During this time, Monica (not her real name, i called her that after the character in "touched by an angel), took a special interest in me. Being my English teacher, she encouraged my mind to travel to the recesses of creativity i had long abandoned. She brought me out of the shell i built just be genuinely caring... a poet herself, she moulded my thoughts into a canvass of beauty...

i will never forget her protective nature, especially when there were little crushes and she would gently advise that certain boys were not suitable... she became my mother, my older sister, my friend and my teacher....

the one thing she couldn't do though was make me more girly as growing up with only my dad and brother made me a real tom boy... lol .. but she never judged, always accepted me as i was... Many times, other kids in school would call me a teachers pet but there was a special bond we shared.. that seemed to traverse the boundary of blood relations... to a soul identifying kindred bond.

Sometimes, i would be really immature, especially if she was harder on me for essays and creative writing.. i would think that she was scoring me lesser than others deliberately... i was right but it was not malicious... she knew i could do better than what i was handing in and so pushed me to extend further than my self proclaimed limits....

When my younger brother was born, my step dad took an unhealthy interest in me... and she, not my mom noticed the change in personality... and like a angry lioness she jumped in front of me to protect me from the world...

when i finished school and then after college was about to leave my home town for an internship in kruger national park, she gifted me a watch that every second, with my pulse, should remind me of the one person who will forever wait and love me without reservation....

Time has passed and our friendship is distant... but in my heart, soul and mind, she is the closest i ever got to heaven... my guardian angel that still inspires me just by touching my life and imprinting my soul.....

Love to her always.... :-)

flyingrabbit
Beautiful Soul

Post by flyingrabbit » July 17, 2008, 7:46 am

hi sam!
wow she's really a nice teacher and friend! :)

kena_quote
Beautiful Soul

Post by kena_quote » March 18, 2009, 7:57 pm

Hello Sam,

I can relate to your story because like you, I have a close teacher in my college days, she's like a mom to me too.

She taught me things beyond the boundaries of the classroom, she got this inner strength that really drive me towards positive character formation. And there was one occasion where her actions to reprimand me made me cry. But then I realized that she must deeply cared for me to be able to put me in the proper perspective of things, even though how wrong and inconsiderate it may seem on my part.

Thanks for sharing your story Sam.

"Do you have any idea how important you are to me? Any concept at all of how much I needed you?" - Edward Cullen

Post Reply < PreviousNext >