Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Great Lesson of Love

Tell us about a person who has made a big difference in your life! Maybe it was a teacher, a grandparent, an artist... or maybe a stranger you met on the street. Whoever it is... this is the place to officially recognize them!
flyingrabbit
Beautiful Soul

Post by flyingrabbit » July 4, 2009, 12:41 am

i'm gonna share the story of my grandparents, while my grandma was struggling with her cancer..

my grandma passed away around 24 years ago. several months before she died, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. my grandpa took care of her with amazing love, attention, and patience.
some people say that sick people could have bad emotion. that happened to my grandma. she was often angry to everyone, even without reasons, mostly to my grandpa.
but my grandpa never complained.. he never got angry to her no matter what..
my grandma often asked him to buy some food, sometimes in the middle of the night, far from their house. he went out to buy those food, he always did. when he reached home, my grandma only ate a spoon of those food, saying that she only wanted to taste them, then asked for another food. my grandpa went out again to buy it. he never complained.. he never got angry to her, not even once..
some people say that the pain of cancer usually come at the same time everyday. and that also happened to my grandma. she felt pain on her back every 3 am, everyday. my grandpa woke up to scrub her back for an hour. and he did it everyday.
he never complained.. he never got angry to her, not even once..
my grandpa lost his weight around 20 pounds while taking care of her in only a few months.
but he never complained.. he never got angry to her, not even once..
he never got angry to her no matter what..

and after she passed away, until now, he kept visiting her graveyard every month.. it's been more than 20 years, and he never forgot to do it , not even once..
he loved her with all his heart and his life.

those are only a few examples of what he did for her during the hardest time of her life. those are the ones my mom told me. but i believe there are still many incredible moments during that time which show amazing love between them, which i don't know, which my mom forgot to tell me, which my mom doesn't know, or which only both of them and no one else know..

i hope this story can be a great lesson about true endless love for all of us :)

Love,
melia
Last edited by flyingrabbit on July 6, 2009, 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » July 5, 2009, 3:11 am

Dear Melia,

This story is exactly what I needed to read this morning. Thank you for sharing it and touching my heart in a special way.

With love,

~ Ron

flyingrabbit
Beautiful Soul

Post by flyingrabbit » July 5, 2009, 6:38 pm

Dear Ron,

thanks a lot for your special comment.
i'm glad if you like it.

hope all of us will have such amazing unconditional love to our loved ones.. a popular quote says "peace begins at home" :)

Love,
melia

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer

Post by Liebestraum » July 6, 2009, 1:10 am

((((((((Melia)))))))) what a heartwrenching story, beautiful, beautiful! Your grandpa really is an example to all of us. How quickly we feel every extra care as a burden!

The title is so absolutely fitting. Thank you so much for sharing this lesson of love.

You wrote it so very well, also the repetition "not even once" contributed to the feeling of such a strong bond that really nothing could affect it negatively.

I thank you from my heart, I am deeply moved.

Love,
Margherita
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

flyingrabbit
Beautiful Soul

Post by flyingrabbit » July 6, 2009, 1:43 am

Dear Margherita,

thank you so much for your warm comment :)
did i really write it well? there are some vocab i wasn't sure lol.. and u're right, it should be 'not even once', adding "not" make it seems nicer as well. i'll edit it :D

Love,
melia

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » July 6, 2009, 3:53 pm

Dearest ((((((melia))))))

Yes sweet friend you wrote this very well indeed. :)

Deeply touched by the devoted never ending unconditional love and compassion of your grandpa for your grandmother that you have shared in this inspiring story...and as you say this is only of what you know...there would be much more to be sure

Thank you from my heart too...

love & blessings
ladybird luv
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

flyingrabbit
Beautiful Soul

Post by flyingrabbit » July 6, 2009, 6:32 pm

thank you so much, dear Ladybird :)

yes i believe there would be much more, i believe their love were even deeper than this.. i hope i can have such amazing love to my loved ones :)

Love,
melia

Post Reply < PreviousNext >