Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Monte Hall

Tell us about a person who has made a big difference in your life! Maybe it was a teacher, a grandparent, an artist... or maybe a stranger you met on the street. Whoever it is... this is the place to officially recognize them!
revdcb
Beautiful Soul

Post by revdcb » March 23, 2012, 8:03 am

He was my best friend's dad. My dad had his own business and so he was not home most of the time. My best friend was Monte Leon Hall and his dad's Name was Monte Eugene Hall. What ever Monte and his dad did, I did. He taught us games when we were young; baseball, basketball (he built us a basketball goal) football, hot hickory, mumbledee peg, washers, poker 20 different ways. He took us fishing and swimming to a car show. As we got older he would talk cars with us, but not in a condescending way. Monte never talked in a condescending way to us. By the time I was in my late teens he just seemed like one of the guys. I didn't know what a great mentor he was. I don't think he thought of himself in that light. Only in retrospect could I see what a great guy he was. And still is.

carlarama
Fellow Traveler

Post by carlarama » May 24, 2013, 1:41 am

That's a nice story and makes me a bit jealous. :)

Post Reply < PreviousNext >