Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Mrs. BalisArtura

Tell us about a person who has made a big difference in your life! Maybe it was a teacher, a grandparent, an artist... or maybe a stranger you met on the street. Whoever it is... this is the place to officially recognize them!
Davidf
Beautiful Soul

Post by Davidf » June 21, 2015, 7:26 am

My junior high school Spanish teacher, Mrs. BalisArtuira, was so kind and made learning Spanish fun. She called all of us her "sunshines", she printed out our vocabulary words, we played "Spanish Jeopardy to prepare for tests, and there was always a chance for extra credit on tests. She would remark with a teasing "Tsk, tsk, tsk" when I got a 99 on a test for leaving off an accent. I don't believe in all the quarters I had her, my average dipped anything below a 98, sometimes I achieved a perfect 100. Being the ESL teacher, sometimes we would have a student whose natural language was Spanish, so we all would help the student learn English. Although I need to practice my Spanish from not using it a lot, I still remember a lot of key words and phrases. She ranks right up there as one of my all-time favorite teachers.
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!