Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

My Husband

Tell us about a person who has made a big difference in your life! Maybe it was a teacher, a grandparent, an artist... or maybe a stranger you met on the street. Whoever it is... this is the place to officially recognize them!
Look4Hope
Good Friend

Post by Look4Hope » December 19, 2007, 12:01 pm

Even though my husband and I are having some difficulty now I have to say he has been my inspiration as far as giving me confidence to further my education in the past.

He has helped me conquer the fear I have of heights (sort of) :^ I'm fine as long as I don't have to get close to any ledge or edge. :0:

He always listened to my dreams and was my editor when I wrote my poems, stories for myself.

He inspired me by being my best friend.

It's strange now that I'm reading this, I realize something. It wasn't a lie that caused problems in our marriage. It was my best friend pushing me aside. Yes, I miss my friend, my inspiration.Image

“Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.”
Elie Wiesel quotes

Trebissky
Good Friend

Post by Trebissky » December 20, 2007, 7:54 am

The best marriages always start out as good friendships. I bet if you look close, you'll find that friend is still there.
SGT. JIRI TREBISSKY H&D SAS
"The mind and the sword are one.
If the mind is right, the sword is right."

summerrain
Beautiful Soul

Post by summerrain » December 20, 2007, 1:31 pm

so beautiful look4hope, you are blessed to find your bestfriend to be your lover, and husband. and i agree with trebissky, i look to my parents who have been married for 29yrs and applaud their ability to be such good friends.....my mom says its what keeps the love alive. wishing you romance, beauty, and love luv
Life is like a coin,
You can spend it any way you wish,
but you can spend it only once"

Karolina blue
Good Friend

Post by Karolina blue » December 22, 2007, 4:56 pm

I can relate Look4. .My husband was my best friend also. We hit a rough patch once and it didn't seem like he was my best friend anymore. That crushed me and I was lost for a while. I distanced myself from him, but thankfully we worked though it for the most part- - and I wish the same same for you.
"You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting."

Morning Bear
Beautiful Soul

Post by Morning Bear » December 26, 2007, 4:17 am

When any two people can push their egos aside and let love enter into the relationship - the world has become a better place.
Some one once said that in order for there to be peace, the price is constant vigilance...
I believe and wish that person would have gone further and stated that it is constant vigilance against our own egos.

As credited to POGO; "we have seen the enemy and it is us"

It is one of my fondest wishes that all couples and all people in relationships in this world would begin their disagreements with empathy and end them with love and a smile for the beauty that they have just nourished.

MB
For me to believe in you doesn't require that you believe in me,...it only simply requires that you know and thus become all that you are meant to be. MB

gladysia
Fellow Traveler

Post by gladysia » July 6, 2009, 3:25 am

How do I convince my husband that its time for us to have another child? Although we were just married in August of 2005 we have been living together for 4 years. We both have children from previous relationships and they are ages 5 & 7. My husband is 33 and I am 27. Our combined income is 90,000 a year. My husband wants to wait another couple of years at least before we start trying to conceive so that we will be more financially ready. I think that our income is currently is enough, and I don't want to wait until we get any older to have children. ...Give me a good argument, don't just tell me that we need to talk it out. We just keep going around in circles on the issue.
Last edited by gladysia on July 7, 2009, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer

Post by Liebestraum » July 6, 2009, 5:28 am

Welcome to the Peak, dear Gladysia!

As you don't refer with one word to the beautiful and inspiring post you have replied to, probably it was a better idea to start a new post ...

But now that I read your question, I will reply to you.

Enjoy the children you already have and don't make it an issue to have another child, all your own, from your husband. This kind of pressure will only lead to either forced decisions or discussions that lead nowhere. It is comprehensible that you have this wish of a child with him now, but if he finds excuses such as the financial situation, when there is certainly enough, it means he is not ready.
If you really love him your own child will arrive at the right time, in a perfectly harmonious moment when you will both wish it from your heart, without making an issue of it.

Wishing you total serenity in this matter.
Love,
Margherita
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Post Reply < PreviousNext >