Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

recovering from the day

NEW! A place to share your inspirational ideas with us. It can be about health, wealth, peace of mind, changing the world, raising inspired kids... you get the idea!
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tradtke
Fellow Traveler

Post by tradtke » June 2, 2011, 7:04 pm

After wraping up another 16 hour day I told myself. Its ok, we will start over tommorrow for yet another. The truth is, there is no recovering. It's a snowball effect. The average person I would guess spends 3X more time working than not working. Whats the best way to stay healthy while working your tail off to make morgage payments.

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by lifeboat » June 5, 2011, 1:32 am

Hi Tradtke...
Here are a few ideas.. even if one of these doesnt work, maybe just reading them will spark in you the answer you need.

1. Remind yourself why you are working those lomg days. If your answer is to pay the mortgage ask yourself why that is important to you. Whatever your answer is to that one then again ask yourself why that is important to you. That might connect you to a higher purpose that will keep you going.

2. Remember all the things you have to be grateful for. E.g. life itself, family, a roof over your head, food in your stomach, a job, the gift of writing. It can be useful to check into this list on a daily basis.

3. Connect to a Higher Power. For me the connection is prayer, reading and meditation; and the Power is God ( as opposed tp Religion ). It doesnt take long to say: "Thank You Lord, please look after all those in need and keep me safe, sober and make me useful today", nor to pause for a moment's silence in case there is an answer.

4. Try to use your travelling time. Can your partner run you to, or meet you at, the station, the office, the factory so that your journey can be used for dialogue, small talk, or connection that would otherwise be lacking,

5. Check iin with your partner's worries and concerns and their hopes and fears. This in itself will help keep you connected. I once put work and personal sport so far ahead of making time for my partner that I ceased being the person they'd turn to first in a crisis. Needless to say we split.

6. Understand that sheer fatigue may make you irritable and be on your guard against this.

7. Check you need the mortgage. What would it take to reduce or eliminate it? Would that be so bad?

8. Check you need to work each of those 16 hours each day. Sometimes fatigue, pride, or fear of losing your job through lack of effort keep you working when you'd gain more respect by working less hours. As a test ask yourself what would happen if you had to leave two hours early for a hospital appointment? Then ask yourself what would happen if you had to do that three days running? Then what if you chose to leave early to see your daughter play in a concert?

Hope some of this helps ...

Post Reply < PreviousNext >
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable