Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

A New World Currency

NEW! A place to share your inspirational ideas with us. It can be about health, wealth, peace of mind, changing the world, raising inspired kids... you get the idea!
copy, write free
Good Friend

Post by copy, write free » January 15, 2012, 9:40 pm

Instead of dollars and cents
pounds and pence
let's use more common sense, hence:

Love and Kindness

No one remembers what was the highest score at Pac-Man, or who had the highest, at their local arcade (before they were replaced by mega-corporate theme parks)
So why is there a "World's Billionaire" record?

Why not keep score of the things that really matter.
Who fed the most starving people...
who sheltered the most homeless...

Why can't the "media" focus on these accomplishments
rather than those who made the most money - often at the expense (pun intended) of those neglected from the previous lists.

The problem with keeping track of $$$ is that it is infinite... there will never be a winner as someone will always have more - its the basis of economics, inflation - what goes up, must keep going up.

We could turn the world around by saying that as of TODAY - all money will put towards feeding the world.

On a second note - while working on my hockey pool and trying calculate what teams could afford what players based on their calculated salary cap - an idea came to mind...

What if there was a "Net Worth Cap"?
What would be that cap? Well, as the saying goes "If I only had half the money that...has..."
So, thanks to Forbes Billionaire List... Let's set the CAP to Half a Billion Dollars (US). And based on that Forbes List, the excess wealth available to the rest of the world would be....

$5,315,100,000,000.00 (a rough estimate)

If the TV ads are right and we can feed a starving child for a dollar a day, well, we wouldn't have to if we could put good money to good use.

Davidf
Beautiful Soul

Post by Davidf » January 16, 2012, 10:52 am

copy, write, free,
I like your idea very much, but how will we convince these multi-billionaires to give up some of their wealth? A lot do give to charity for tax write-off purposes I'm sure, but do they give the monies to those who really need it? Let's let them follow Bill Gates' example who is helping out in Africa and other 3rd world countries.
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!

dinad578
Fellow Traveler

Post by dinad578 » October 17, 2014, 11:32 pm

I like your thought very much. Love and kindness has a value in our life. I had been trying to become a best accounting essay writer so far, now I understood there are some other things too that we have to value in our life.

Post Reply < PreviousNext >