Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Tips for being Calm

NEW! A place to share your inspirational ideas with us. It can be about health, wealth, peace of mind, changing the world, raising inspired kids... you get the idea!
ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » October 16, 2007, 9:55 pm

Dear friends, the following struck a chord with me and I just wanted to share...

...wear sensible shoes...any reflexologist will tell you that true relaxation begins at the feet. It seems obvious, but wearing comfortable shoes is nearly as relaxing as wearing no shoes at all.

...seek the best in everything...make a practice of looking for the best in people and situations. You'll find that simple approach induces optimism and positivity - both of which lead to calm

...think calm...have calm thoughts, picture calm scenes, recall calm sounds and guess what you'll be feeling...

...sip...a soothing cup of peppermint herbal tea

...pat something...share your life with a pet - being generous with your affection to it - and you'll have an appreciative assistant in your efforts to become calm

...be positive about being positive...work on having positive thoughts, pay particular attention to speaking positive words, then let the resultant positive feelings take care of everything else

...find wonder in all you do...there is little doubt that those who get the most from life are those who look for the wonder in even the smallest things they do. Cultivate this skill and you'll find peace and satisfaction as well

...go on smile :) ...a smile relaxes all the major facial muscles. It also sets off an emotional chain reaction that invariably helps you feel good

...put your feet up...there's more to the simple act of putting your feet up than improved circulation. It quickly leads to feelings of relaxation

...a dab of lavender...not only eases aches and pains, but works wonders in helping you to relax (I have a spritzer for my pillow zz )

...rest in a tub...a leisurely, warm bath soothes like no other method. Lower the lights, add a few drops of your favourite oil and you'll be transported

...love the moment...when you concentrate your attention on absorbing every detail of every moment - savouring every taste, hearing every sound, noting every colour - you will be calm before you know it

...spread beauty...wherever you go in life, whatever you do, make a conscious effort to add a little beauty, or to contribute to the beauty that's already there

...thank your good humour...get on speaking terms with your humour. Play games with it. Access it regularly...and it will help you to become calm :D

love ladybird luv
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » October 16, 2007, 10:53 pm

Some very good advice here Ladybird! ;)

(Thank you!)

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » October 17, 2007, 11:17 pm

...your very welcome!! (((Ron)))...

love ladybird luv

dance of joy
Beautiful Soul

Post by dance of joy » October 18, 2007, 8:01 am

This is a lovely idea, Ladybird.

I would add one: Appreciate. Nothing makes me feel more warm and fuzzy than a good bout of appreciation.

Love,
Christine luv :)
Wisdom tells me I am nothing.
Love tells me I am everything.
And between the two, my life flows.

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » October 18, 2007, 1:48 pm

Dear Christine,

thanx for sharing another lovely idea...much appreciated dear sister!!

love ladybird luv

Earthly08
Fellow Traveler

Post by Earthly08 » October 20, 2007, 11:33 am

Exellent Advice and I can vouch for the peppermint tea.

Mammy
Beautiful Soul

Post by Mammy » October 21, 2007, 1:58 am

Wonderful :)

Here's another very simple one - a Taoist technique from Barefoot Doctor (www.barefootdoctorworld.com) - raise your breastbone.

Go on - try it now!

It's not possible to feel down or stressed when you simply raise your breastbone. This one simple little adjustment has the effect of dropping your shoulders, straightening your spine, lifting your head (and your spirits) and allowing you to breathe more deeply.
Everytime you find yourself becoming overwhelmed by anything, or you just feel a little out of sorts, or your faith, hope and joy levels are running a little low, raise your breastbone and notice how your perspective changes.

With love

Mammy x x x :)

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » October 21, 2007, 2:48 pm

thanx (((Earthly08 & Mammy))) for your kind words...caring is all about sharing to me!!

...and the Taoist technique is grrreat (((Mammy)))...much appreciated!!...

love & blessings
ladybird luv

SBPT...Stop...Breathe...Peace (feel it)...Thankyou

and

KISS...Keeping it sacred & simple

jeevan
Good Friend

Post by jeevan » May 2, 2008, 8:59 pm

great post

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » May 3, 2008, 1:41 pm

Dear (((jeevan))),

Mega thanx for your compliment!!!

love from a blissed
ladybird luv

Send out love and harmony, put your mind and body in a peaceful place, and then allow the universe to work in the perfect way that it knows how...
~ Dr Wayne W Dyer

Post Reply < PreviousNext >