Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Perhaps sir, someday you'll come back with books.

If you happen to see a really inspirational YouTube video, share it with us here!
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » March 31, 2008, 12:29 pm

This is the very inspirational story of John Wood, founder and CEO of the Room To Read organization.

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » March 31, 2008, 10:38 pm

Bravo to John Wood!!!! Thank you so much Ron for posting this video... talk about evoking deep emotion! What joy to fulfill a need and witness the lighting up of all those hungry for knowledge faces. Such beauty!

I wish the "privileged youth" of this world were as enthusiastic about reading and their education. Seem 'games' have taken over the thrill that the adventure of books used to provide minds. Sad that those who have access to unlimited reading material... balk at it's very existence. Wii, Play Station, T for Teen, E for Explicit, N for Not rated... reading the outside of a box doesn't provide knowledge, understanding or the stimuli for balance in growing into well rounded members of humanity.

I am very impressed with the Rooms to Read! What a wonderful gift of education and advancement this one man has begun for what will stretch now to generations!

One can do MORE. One multiplies faster than any other number ... how amazing is that!!!!
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » June 13, 2008, 7:35 pm

Ron,

This moves me more than I can say my friend,

Thank you for all that you are.

With love and blessings,

M
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » June 15, 2008, 9:15 am

You're very welcome Lion~* and Maithri!

(If you get a chance you might also want to check out John's book: Leaving Microsoft To Change The World. It shows how John built and grew the organization with the help of his family, friends and colleagues and will definitely inspire.

All my best to both of you!

~ Ron

C
Fellow Traveler
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by C » December 30, 2008, 9:09 am

Wow.

John felt burned out at work, and left for vacation to receive. He did receive, rather than pure relaxation as he imagined, he received appreciation for the bounty of books we enjoy. He received perspective, instead of thinking about himself, he thought others. He received inspiration about how he could make a difference.
What I see screaming here- is that our personal experiences tutor us in how we can add to the whole. It wasn't that he was only running after the almighty dollar as he was working for Microsoft. He was gaining experience that he could use when the time was right.
Thank you for the post, wish everyone could see their experiences in light of where it could take them, instead of beating themselves up for their past....

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » January 13, 2009, 10:49 pm

You make an excellent point Cindy... we tend to forget that everything we do, whether it ends in success or failure, prepares us for the next step we need to take in our journey.

Thanks for the perspective... and... welcome to our humble Peak... it's great to have you with us. ;-)

With every best wish...

Ron

Post Reply < PreviousNext >