Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Please pray for Fargo/Moorhead

If you happen to see a really inspirational YouTube video, share it with us here!
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bestill
Fellow Traveler
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by bestill » March 26, 2009, 10:05 pm

You will not find better people then live in North Dakota and Minnesota. We have worked so hard to save this city. But it might not be enough... :(

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » March 27, 2009, 12:03 am

Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with all of you bestill...

With love,

~ Mayor Ron

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Liebestraum » March 29, 2009, 10:50 am

Yes, God bless the people of this place at risk for floods. They have done a great job. It feels good to see how everybody collaborates.

Joining in prayer for the risks to fade and normality to return quickly.

Love,
Margherita
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

bestill
Fellow Traveler

Post by bestill » March 30, 2009, 4:06 am

No crime, no complaining...Just a quiet determination to do what needs to be done...
A quote from a volunteer that sums up this whole experience:
"A personal story to put into perspective the community support going on last evening, after sandbagging all day, I had supper at a family friends home. At 8pm, I got a Code Red call on my cell that sandbag volunteers were needed for a dike across the street from my house (El Zagal), so I headed home. It only took me 10 minutes to get home, and by the time I got there, six hundred (SIX HUNDRED) people had walked out of their homes and come over to help sandbag at that dike. UNREAL."

3 million sandbags -- each weighing around 30lbs -- were filled and stacked by the hands of people working 14-15 hours a day to hold back the water. I am so incredably proud to have the blood of these people pumping through my veins.

Thank you for your prayers.

Post Reply < PreviousNext >