Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Incredible speech made by 12 year old girl to the UN

If you happen to see a really inspirational YouTube video, share it with us here!
Piewacket
Good Friend

Post by Piewacket » June 10, 2011, 5:13 am

Although this speech was made in 1992, it is every bit as relevant today as it was then - indeed probably moreso. Hope you find it as inspiring as I do :)

~ The love we give away is the only love we keep ~

Elbert Hubbard

Davidf
Beautiful Soul

Post by Davidf » December 5, 2011, 4:25 pm

Very touching and moving listening to her gave me goosepimples. She is so right -- the U.S. has so much... thank God for sites like Inspiration Peak and you-tube videos from which we can discuss these important values we should have been doing all along. In the last 10 years or so, we have started as a COUNTRY to care about what is happening to the ozone layer and the environment, thanks in part to this girl, Al Gore, and several others I cannot think of right now. But that is still such a short time ago in the grand scheme of things, but it is not too late. Perhaps this video can be a wake-up call to ALL of us to do our part in eliminating waste, and poverty. I know I recycle everything I can, and give money when asked, even if it is only spare change. But I know I can do more, and so can we. Let me get off my soapbox now since I was not the speaker and was not the one who started this thread. Thi video just struck a chord with me...
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!

Piewacket
Good Friend

Post by Piewacket » January 14, 2012, 3:26 am

David, your passion is inspiring. Thank you :)
~ The love we give away is the only love we keep ~

Elbert Hubbard

Post Reply < PreviousNext >