Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

The Amazing Transformation of a Guy Who Didn't Give Up!

If you happen to see a really inspirational YouTube video, share it with us here!
Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » November 30, 2012, 11:21 pm

Davidf
Beautiful Soul

Post by Davidf » December 1, 2012, 9:45 am

Ron,
Just watched the video. I am disabled myself..I was born with a slight case of Cerebral Palsy. A kind lady yoga instructor at the YMCA let me take her class free of chrage and it has heped me out immensely with my flexibility. This man and I prove you can do anything if you set your mind to it (in most cases, anyway).
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » April 15, 2013, 2:52 pm

This made me cry... HARD! I was disables severely after surgery gone very wrong. I was told I'd never walk again. That my life would consist of wheelchairs, braces, specialized crutches . I said, * Watch me!* I've gone through a ton of rehab! No one reading my medical chart believed it could be a remote possibility I'd walk again. I don't like * Can'ts* They brushed me the wrong way since my earliest memories! True to MY words... I got out of the wheelchair and into a specialized brace that would walk my leg for me. I'll never forget the day of my very first * real* step without strings attached!!! No one but me and Heaven gazing on! No doubt far more exciting than the first step I took as a one yr old. Giving up wasn't an option...I'm now down to one cane.... still lose my balance... still unable to do many things....I've come a long way from the impossible to possible... and have much farther to see what is yet to be in my future... but I can and I am walking again. I can do for myself and that is vital to me! More surgeries to go.... fear at every one that I'll end up paralyzed again. I love this man's story. I don't expect to ever run again.. though I have dreamt it. I can on an eliptical if that counts? It is astounding what the body and soul are capable of.
Ya.... this one made me cry alright!
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >