Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Silver Waves

This is where we feature some of our all-time favorite poems written by the wonderful people of Inspiration Peak.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
LadyA
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by LadyA » February 6, 2007, 11:28 pm

I know I posted this long, long ago... but today is the anniversary of my father's passing, and he is deep in my thoughts. So I'm sharing this with my friends here. Thank you.

Silver Waves

We sat and talked of this and that
of ages passing and silver waves
when out of nowhere, it seemed to me, she said,

"you have your father's hair"

if her eyes misted a bit
it was nothing compared
to the storm in my heart
he was six years older than I am now
and I was only three
I never had the chance
(or the misfortune, I suppose)
to see the ages change him

long after we talked of this and that
of passing ages and silver waves
I stood at the mirror in my own home
I looked at eyes transformed somehow
and before I retired to peaceful sleep

I brushed my father's hair

LadyA

dance of joy
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by dance of joy » February 7, 2007, 5:00 am

That brings tears to my eyes, LadyA. Thank you so much for sharing. You are a wonderful poet.

May you continue to know your father in your heart.

Love,

Christine ;)
Wisdom tells me I am nothing.
Love tells me I am everything.
And between the two, my life flows.

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer

Post by Liebestraum » February 8, 2007, 10:57 am

Outstanding poem, dear LadyA!

Thank you for sharing it again, it is a true gift.

Love,
Margherita
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » February 11, 2007, 4:56 pm

I think I may have told you this before LadyA... but I love this poem!

I'm also very fond of the book you're reading now... Siddhartha... I read it about ten years ago and it really helped me put my life in perspective... and to this day I can totally relate to the old man at the end of the book who spends his days going back and forth across the river...

(All my best to you! ;) )

Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » February 12, 2007, 1:20 am

A moving and beautiful tribute to your Father LadyA,

Thank you for sharing this treasure with us,

With love, Maithri.
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

Fabulous Future
Good Friend

Post by Fabulous Future » May 9, 2009, 11:04 am

The tribute to your father is wonderful. My father passed away Feb 1, 1996. It is hard to believe all that time has passed as I sit here with my Mom who has outlived many!! it is so very kind when people give you a piece of your parents or relatives you didn't get to know (in my case both my Grandmothers) - because we all try to get a feel for what the person was like - at least I did. Dad was only 5 I think when his Mom died and Mom lost her Mom when she was 8. What a gift to give you to tell you that you have your Father's hair!!!
Life is hard by the yard
Life is a cinch by the inch
by my Dad

Be Glad of Life
because it gives you
the chance to love
and to work and to play
and to look up to the stars
by Henry Van Dyke

LadyA
Good Friend

Post by LadyA » May 11, 2009, 1:20 pm

Thank you for your kind words... It is wonderful to still be able to feel that connection.

I wish you all the best -

Lady A

Post Reply < PreviousNext >