Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Fellow Travelers, Good Friends, Beautiful Souls...

Helpful hints, forum guidelines and more!
Post Reply < PreviousNext >
Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » March 6, 2008, 11:45 am

Have you ever wondered why some visitors to our forum are 'fellow travelers' some are 'good friends' and some are 'beautiful souls'.

A 'Fellow Traveler' (0-19 posts) is someone who just recently found their way to the Peak. They're just getting to know us and we're just getting to know them.

A 'Good Friend' (20-49 posts) is someone who stops by a little more often, to share or encourage or simply to see how we've been doing lately.

A 'Beautiful Soul' (50 or more posts) is someone who we've come to know and love and count on for their friendship and wisdom.

You'll also notice a few other titles, like 'Beloved Pest' which we recently granted to our friend LadySolaris... these are what we call 'special ranks' and anyone can request a special rank after their 50th post.

(So now you know!!) ;)

Michelle
Fellow Traveler

Post by Michelle » March 1, 2011, 9:23 pm

Hello Mr Mayor...

Being the new kid in town thought I would say hello and introduce myself to you..

I am a new widow a mother of one and have one human friend and two four legged best friends no other family and no other friends and I live on a very small island where the natives are friendly not friends.
Having spent 8 years caring for my dearest darling 24/7 his departure has created a huge vacuum in my life and my son suggested finding a forum that suits me and ta da I found you...!

:cool:

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » March 1, 2011, 11:55 pm

Well, it's an honor to have you here Margarita! I'm fascinated by your description of the island you live on. You might find Inspiration Peak to be a little bit like an island... a place that's 'separate' from the rest of the world, waiting to be discovered and enjoyed.

It's been pretty quiet here lately, but if you spend some time you'll likely find many fine treasures and maybe even a new friend or two!

PS... we have another dear friend named 'Margherita' who blesses us with her presence from time to time. So there may be a little confusion since we're used to just having one. ;-)

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » March 2, 2011, 12:06 am

Good Evening, Margarita! My warm welcome to you! The Peak has many come and go... but us natives tend to be very friendly! :D:

Life changing abruptly is difficult to adjust to and it does help to find an oasis of solitude for your soul's nourishment. I've had my life alter drastically... though not in the manner yours has. I don't live on an island... but I often wish I did! and most of the time I feel rather hermitized where I am! Like you... a 4 legged friend doesn't leave my side. It is essential to outreach and also allow your soul to pour out. Many have known grief here. I believe you will really appreciate all you glean off the pages.

So very glad you have arrived here!
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Michelle
Fellow Traveler

Post by Michelle » March 2, 2011, 12:46 am

Thank you to Mr Mayor and Lion for your warm welcome.

Lion I just read of your situation and wishing you well, people have told me getting through these times is a day by day thing but actually it is breath by breath.

Davidf
Beautiful Soul

Post by Davidf » March 4, 2011, 8:23 pm

Margarita,
A warm welcome from me as well,even though it is late here (I have no idea what time it is on your island). It seems that you are enjoying your stay, which is good. Here's to hoping you'll keep "sticking around"...
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!

Post Reply < PreviousNext >