Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Prayer Request for Lion~*

Helpful hints, forum guidelines and more!
2tait
Beautiful Soul

Post by 2tait » June 8, 2010, 10:47 am

My heart goes to Lion
It is well with you
The music must go on
e.r.offor
emeofor@yahoo.co.uk
There are three things that limit a man:
The ground on which he stands
The thoughts of his mind
And the strength of his character!

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » June 8, 2010, 10:19 pm

Thank you (((All))) for your loving thoughts and prayers. It was actually the very beginning of May I had surgery and I was an entire full month in hospital recovering and beginning rehab. Just got home 4 days ago! I have suffered serious damage and have had many terrible consequences I've not spoken of. I am glad to be here! I am thankful to be home. My children are relieved to have me back and are very helpful to me. I am unable to manage stairs at all so they help me in and out of my room. Once on the main floor in the morning I am stuck till they are home from school. I am awaiting a rather technical customized brace which is hoped to help my mobility. For now it is crutches and wheelchair as my travel options! I am told to stay positive and hope for the best. It is unknown right now if I will actually regain function and ever walk again... time... and lots of it until that will be known.

One thing I want to share is how enormously overwhelmed I feel at how extravagantly loved I am. I have an ever increasing surrounding of loved ones from various places and unique meeting! Many who have never laid eyes on me... yet our hearts are so keenly connected. With many past losses...I never expected to ever feel this connected and deeply loved not by one... not by the *required family* ... but by an unasked growing expanse of my Soul Family who love unconditionally, support dearly and understand keenly! Those whose honesty is a healing in itself that I welcome!

This Lion~* has been dealt an extremely difficult blow! I was already far past exhausted and now I have a huge long battle I intend to win! My youngest... who btw towers over me! says, "Mom, when you walk again ... this time, I will video your first steps!" I can't wait to see that play on the widescreen!!! ;)

Again... thank you ((((each one of you here!)))) for your heartfelt prayers and positive thoughts and love... I appreciate you much more than I am able to convey!

xo love Lion~*
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

STAReye
Beautiful Soul

Post by STAReye » June 9, 2010, 2:06 pm

Hi Lion !
So good to hear your voice. A tough fight ahead, but a fighter always comes out a winner.
Bless you.

Leonard :)

mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » June 9, 2010, 10:30 pm

Lion, glad to hear from you.
Our hearts, prayers and positive thoughts surround you daily.

Thank you again for your ear and shoulder in the past, and for your encouragement.
:D:

catchasunset
Good Friend

Post by catchasunset » June 11, 2010, 12:08 pm

Hi Lion,

Just sending you a cyber ((((HUG))))

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

catchasunet
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

~Luciano de Crescenzo~

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » June 11, 2010, 6:49 pm

Lion, grrrreat to see ya!!!

Image love & hugs ladybird luv
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

Laura Sue
Beautiful Soul

Post by Laura Sue » June 11, 2010, 6:55 pm

Thinking of the song "Side by Side" luv

And "love grows here" - no doubt about that!

You are loved (((((( Janice ))))))) - can't wait to see your son's video!

I'll be by your side, even from a distance! Love, Laura :) luv

fredcowie
Beautiful Soul

Post by fredcowie » June 15, 2010, 6:16 am

Lion: I just logged on when on a long road trip and read about your operation and complications. Serenity, courage, wisdom....these are what keep me sane when dealing with my son's progressive terminal illness, so these gifts are all I have to offer..........no one can know another's pain, but I know mine and I feel for you.......Fred
Frederick J. Cowie, Ph.D. Please visit my website at fredcowie.com, my FACEBOOK(/fredcowie) page where I post my writings and my paintings every day. Peace!

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » June 24, 2010, 8:42 pm

Today after important testing... I was given a very poor prognosis. The surgery that was supposed to give me back mobility has destroyed my whole leg and my hope of walking... so just for now I am going to feel insanely sorrowful for myself - OK!!!!!!!!!!!

I am truly thankful for all the thoughtfulness and prayers.

Love, Lion~*... brutally rawed of nerves and beyond the scope of 'tired' from head to paw
!
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

fredcowie
Beautiful Soul

Post by fredcowie » June 25, 2010, 4:08 am

Lion: Twenty five years ago I found hope in reading Viktor Frankl's The Meaning of Life. He lost wife, mom, dad, sister in concentration camps and was in one himself. He hurt like I did. He helped me. I had my son with Duchenne MD read him, for my son, now 26, is down to 80 lbs and can't move arms and legs. Frankl's gift, at least to me, can be boiled down, in my words, to IT'S NOT THE MEANING OF LIFE, BUT THE MEANING OF YOUR LIFE! and SOME DAYS ALL YOU CAN DO IS SUFFER, BUT WILL YOU SUFFER WELL? We give meaning to our individual lives by how we deal with those things in the serenity prayer that we did not ask for, don't want, and yet cannot change. It may be strange and I hope you are not offended, but my prayer for you is that you suffer well. Fred[/b]
Frederick J. Cowie, Ph.D. Please visit my website at fredcowie.com, my FACEBOOK(/fredcowie) page where I post my writings and my paintings every day. Peace!

Post Reply < PreviousNext >