Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Dreams Deferred

A place for great spirits to share their most beautiful dreams.
Pollie
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Pollie » June 19, 2008, 12:20 pm

Dearest Arienne,

I suppose I am the eternal optimist. I do not believe in my heart that society destroys the beauties of the word on purpose. I believe that yes we have been raised to achieve and succeed. In doing so we have become accustomed to reach these higher goals with out thought to consequences. I believe there are just not many of us left that rebel against the materialistic world in which we have been raised. I think though, I have seen a trend where young adults such as yourself are beginning to realize just how much distruction has come from your fore fathers. And perhaps this growing sense of need for beauty and love and spirit is the beginning of a new era. You, my daughters and the likes see in full force what has slowly crept up on us. It's like raising a child, a parent never really realizes how quickly the child grows taller, but an outside member of the family sees it immediately. Keep talking, keep letting people know what you see and how you feel. Our generation is slow to grasp it but I believe in my heart they will just hopefully not before it is too late.

Love Pollie

Morning Bear
Beautiful Soul

Post by Morning Bear » June 21, 2008, 2:53 pm

What I wish I knew when I was very young was that our personal world is our personal dreams made real.
At times we have to witness others dreams, but we do not have to belong to them, we can simply observe, learn the lesson in it for us, and move on to our own creations.
Our greatest belief in life must be the belief in our dreams and in ourselves to be able to create them and make them so.

From that point I shall speak of another interesting subject, and that is our personal observation. How we think of what we see is a matter of choice. If we choose to see beauty in a housing development - we can. We do this by envisioning all the beautiful souls living there. Their decorations, their gardens, their music, the children playing in the parks and on the streets.

Alternatively, if we wish to see drama and and havoc in nature - it is there too. In the battle for life and death as the lion chases the baby wilderbeast, in the forest fire that drives the wildlife from their homes and devours those who can't find escape, and in the goshawk that grabs the yearling mallard duck from the air to feed it's own babies the meat they need to survive.

You see - it's our own perspective that makes things beautiful or not.
Despite an unprovoked war, in a country where gender abuse was common and the dictator and his army killed their own people at will for simply disagreeing - from the ashes of our invasion arose some beautiful things. The women in Iraq can now vote, killing them for adultery or even suspicion of adultery is no longer happening in many areas. Children can play safely in parks that once were drug trading places for the dictator's sons and cronies. For the first time in their lives they are beginning to understand freedom and they are happy that the Americans came.
You might not want to agree with me, but I know it's true because my son served in Iraq, and I hated every minute of it because I've always chosen to hate war - but the truth is, our soldiers who went over there made us proud in their compassion for the common people of Iraq and in their care for the children and the free expression of life that we experience here in the USA.
Again - it's all in how we choose to perceive it personally.

So go out into the world and choose to see the beauty you long for dear soul. And if you see atrocities, observe and learn from them, for you are not obligated to take part, but to follow your heart and your creativity to your greatest belief.
Love, joy, peace, and blessings,

Morning Bear
For me to believe in you doesn't require that you believe in me,...it only simply requires that you know and thus become all that you are meant to be. MB

Post Reply < PreviousNext >
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable