Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

My dream of hope

A place for great spirits to share their most beautiful dreams.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sctshep
Fellow Traveler

Post by sctshep » April 21, 2007, 11:52 am

My dream is that the song I wrote "I'll be inside your smile," will be heard by someone who has lost a loved one, but especially someone from Virginia Tech, or Bluffton University, or the recently killed police officers' widows, or someone who has lost someone in Iraq and that they will find comfort from it.
I travel around the country doing talks on stress and coping. I also have done a lot of work in death and dying and I am also a musician. I am starting to realize more and more that my music is where I want to spend the last third of my life (I'm 61 now). Helping people has been a passion and music has been. I am trying more and more to bring them together. I posted this link on inspirational music but I am going to post it here also because I want people to know about it and hear it and maybe it will get to someone who needs it.

The song can be found on one of my websites.
http://www.rainbowshappen.com/ About halfway down the first page is a link to the song "I'll be inside your smile." One of my daughters who is a student at Cincinnati Conservatory of Music is singing. I truly hope this song brings a little comfort to at least one person going through their pain.

Now it's done
I have fought the fight and now I have to move on
No more will I walk in the sun
But I know I've won
I have given all I could give
I have loved the life I have lived
I'm so glad I walked it with you
I'll be gone for just a little while
I'm hiding just inside your smile
So smile
And hold me close inside your heart

Don't be scared
I will hold your hand every night while you sleep
The love that we had we will keep
Till we meet once again
And we'll meet once again in the light
The light that shines through us all
The light that helps us stand tall
It tells us never give in
Remember life is much more than it seems
But you have to hold onto your dreams
You keep dreaming
And I'll be inside of your smile
I'll be inside your smile.
Scott Sheperd Ph.D
Strategies to get you through illness and loss
www.rainbowshappen.com
Strategies to keep you sane in crazy times
www.mystresscoach.com

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » April 21, 2007, 12:06 pm

Dear Scott, I have said this before at the Peak but I will say it again because you are new to our fabulous community.

The greatest definition I have ever heard for Compassion is this:

Compassion - to make yourself useful during time of need.

You have a very compassionate heart Scott and you have lived your passion to reach out making yourself useful to those who are experiencing the greatest trials of their lives. What a blessing you are! May the desires of your heart reach those in sorrow through the words and music you have pulled from your soul.
Your gifts are a much needed blessing to those needing compassion to surround them.
Thank you (((Scott)))

Love Lion~*CompassionIsAPassionSoManyNeedPaw
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable