Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

A Simple Dream of Contentment

A place for great spirits to share their most beautiful dreams.
peony29
Fellow Traveler
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by peony29 » February 3, 2008, 7:01 am

I long for a time when I can feel the sun on my face
Dust on my bare feet with cool green grass underneath
The warm winds blowing in my mouth taking my breath away
It's so perfect even the air smells sweet
A big blue sky with an endless canvas
White billowy clouds that could have been painted with god's hands
Looking out upon my own plush land as far as I can see
Touching the dark moist soil, knowing that it is all mine
Laying in the tall green grass, with my arms spread out embracing the sun
Tall sunflowers swaying in the breeze
Birds chirping
Open markets abundant with neighboring farmers fresh produce
Fresh tulips and peonies in a vase
Fruit and vegetables picked everyday from my own organic garden
A fresh baked pie sitting on the window sill to cool
Eyelet lace curtains blowing from a stiff breeze
Wide plank hard wood floors
A huge kitchen, A long plain wooden table eaten on by many generations
Supper cooking on a hot stove
The smell of fried chicken and honey biscuits fill the air
Clanging pots and pans
The setting of dinner plates
Happy sounds of family in the background
Familiar tunes being played
A big wrap around porch with two rocking chairs and a swing
Childrens laughter
Bushels, and bushels of peaches and apples from the orchard below
A dirt path down a winding dusty back road
The occasional truck passing

Then, I hear the most beautiful sound.....silence........and I feel the most beautiful feeling in my soul........contentment.

Peony29

ladybird
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ladybird » February 3, 2008, 9:30 pm

Dear (((peony29))),

...its positively wonderful to meet ya and a big welcome to the Peak!!! :)

...I enjoy your writing very much...truly inspiring and your creative writing creates enchanting imagery thats ever so beautiful!!!

..and peonys are my favourite flower (and were the flower of my wedding bouquet)...they smell heavenly and I like perfumes that remind me of them too...like peony perfumette by Sohms or peony pleasures by Estee Lauder...and another favourite is the Peony Shower Gel by MOR...

love from a blissed
ladybird luv

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet, and the wind longs to play with your hair...
~ Kahlil Gibran
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

peony29
Fellow Traveler

Post by peony29 » February 4, 2008, 7:10 am

Hi Ladybird,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I really appreciate your kind words about my poetry, it means alot.

Thanks again,
Peony29

zoro
Beautiful Soul

Post by zoro » February 4, 2008, 7:51 am

Hey Peony 29!
So nice of you and Thank you so much for having reminded me, the most beautiful feeling in my soul 'contentment'

zoro-embracing love luv luv

LadySolaris
Beloved Pest

Post by LadySolaris » February 4, 2008, 3:40 pm

Thank you, peony29 and welcome ...

You just made my day. It is simple things that make up the fabric of life and you described what makes it worthwhile. Contentment is indeed in the singing silence of peace in the soul.

Pollie
Beautiful Soul

Post by Pollie » February 4, 2008, 6:47 pm

Peony29

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing such a marvelous dream.
Then, I hear the most beautiful sound.....silence........and I feel the most beautiful feeling in my soul........contentment.
And I hope someday you find this.

Pollie

peony29
Fellow Traveler

Post by peony29 » February 5, 2008, 2:34 am

Hi Pollie,

Thank you, for your kind words and thoughts. Yes, I do intend to find it. Hope you find contentment as well, in whatever you seek. Have a great day!

Peony29

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » February 5, 2008, 4:48 pm

A very warm welcome to you Peony 29 :D:

What an enjoyable journey of senses you have dreamed up and extended to us all. Very delightful to come by today and welcome a new voice. I look forward to hearing more from you!

Love Lion~*
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

brianlove84
Fellow Traveler

Post by brianlove84 » February 20, 2008, 3:29 pm

Hello everybody! I am new here and I'm glad to be a part of this forum. I agree that the contentment is such a beautiful word yet difficult to attain.

I graduated, hoping that I'll get a break. I really wanna do great in my career.

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » February 21, 2008, 11:54 am

Welcome to the Peak Brian! It sounds as though you're very enthusiastic about your future and this in itself will take you to many great places. If I were you though, I wouldn't 'wait' for that big break... I'd go out and make a few of my own!

All my best to you! ;)

Ron

Post Reply < PreviousNext >