Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Project inspiration....

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Amapola
Fellow Traveler
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Amapola » February 22, 2007, 10:19 am

Hello Universe(lings),

I'm new on this forum, even though very blessed for having been travelling the heavenly love-road for about 3 years now. By this road meaning being consiously aware of the power of the truths of our universe...guided by THE unconditional love... Creating and re-creating life and living in heaven every single moment....

I now am 30 and I feel blessed having found the path at such a young age. I love to walk this path and learn and live more and more as I stroll down the road, called life....

I am one of the lucky and blessed ones who chose to seek for universal truths and I give thanks every single moment for the fact that my eyes and heart have been opened to see and find the bright sides of every split second.... I am still learning every single day, but feeling peace and love in my being tells me I sure am on the right track....and loving it...

I'm very glad I found a place where I can talk to all of you, fellow travellers..... So, I would like to ask you about this inspiration that has been lingering in my mind for some time now...

As a social worker and me knowing what I know and being who I am, see my (precious) island being stuck in a negative spiral. One where love is nowhere to be found, neither are the bright sides of anything at all. The leaders as well as the population are being driven by the negative and no one is even bothering to try to find the positive.

I didn't need to analyze too much, for I'm in the middle of all of the insulting conversations and all of the dividing situations that are being created by ourselves.

I could go on and on to try to explain, but the thing is that we lack inspirators to break this spiral. People to inspire others to practice love, compassion, pro-activity and to help others see the bright sides of life...

I'd like to initiate a project in which I would like to start some kind of an active movement to try to break this negative spiral. To find especially young inspirators, to join forces and develop successful inspirational projects.

So far, I have not shared this thought with no one else but you....

How do you think is the best way for me to find a group of young and inspired fellow travellers?

What kind of projects do you think would lead to a shift of mentality? (Also reaching our leaders?)

What should I be thinking of? I do have my own ideas, but I'd love to hear some of yours.... Thanks for your time.....

I like this place, love & sunny blessings,
-XAX-
"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."

m1le-st0nes
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by m1le-st0nes » February 22, 2007, 1:41 pm

Hello Amapola I am so very happy for you and a bit envious that you have found a path that makes you whole and happy.

Let me be the first in welcoming you to the peak where we share our love, our lives and our inspirations with everyone.
Rest well
Sleep tight
and You'll wake up
full of joy and light

SEEKER
Fellow Traveler

Post by SEEKER » February 22, 2007, 4:53 pm

Your enthusiasm shows. I truly hope you can find channels for your caring on your island. Does the financial trade on your island provide much in the way of charitable funds for the community? Are there other sources such as private foundations, etc. If so there are many ideas you could promote: Frieda's dream of playgrounds that inspire children could be one, also community arts programs, especially for children (I believe you have some artists there that already reach out to kids and maybe there are more that could be organized), vounteer ogranization where people can help others, environmental coallition that teaches children to value their world, educational opportunities that expose islanders to ideas and values from around the world, social interactions that promote acceptance, celebration and understanding of the many nationalities represented on your island. And of course there may be formal spiritual outreach opportunities as well.

The starting place is to identify specific needs, discover your particular passion in response to those needs, and look for funding. Become clear about the impact you want to make with your efforts and how you might be able to accomplish this. Become a catalyst, a passionate leader. Along the way you will attract and inspire willing souls as you formulate a path that they can travel along with you.

It takes vision and hard work and a lot of perseverance as well as love if you want to impact your world at the community level. Don't try to take it all on at once. Find your path with heart and follow it. Plant the seed and let it grow. It is obvious you are already reaching out to those in your personal world and with the love and joy you expressed I'm sure you are already making a difference! You are a beautiful spark that can create a warm and welcoming fire for others!!

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » February 22, 2007, 10:06 pm

It's wonderful to have you here Amapola!!

Unfortunately, what's happening in Curacao is not unique... there is an over-abundance of negative energy in the world today - but luckily, there are a LOT of people like yourself who want change and are willing to 'be the change'.

The question then is how do we find like-minded fellow travelers in our communities and how do we harness their energy, ideas and good-will to make a positive difference?

The best place to start is with the people we see on a regular basis.... our friends, families, fellow students, co-workers. Ask them if they'd like to be part of a project designed to bring 'good energy' to your community and if they'd be willing to attend a meeting where you could 'brainstorm' together.

Like our friend Seeker mentioned... it's best to start simple.... something you know will be successful and fun. Maybe an afternoon together cleaning up a part of town that's been neglected? Maybe an afternoon 'chalking' inspirational messages on sidewalks. Maybe a 'good energy' community dance? Maybe you can print a lot of inspirational, uplifting messages on bill-sized pieces of paper and ask the local merchants to offer one to every customer when handing them their change? (Kind of like a fortune cookie, but the message would always be positive. ;-)

Let your imaginations run wild and then vote to see which idea the group wants to tackle first.

The key is to focus on the positive... and you will most assuredly attract it!

Good luck to you Amapola... and please let us know how it goes!

~ Mayor Ron

Amapola
Fellow Traveler

Post by Amapola » February 23, 2007, 5:31 am

Dear All....

First of all thank you for your reactions and I am sure I've come to the right place, at the right time.... You have inspired me and you keep my energy flowing....

I have felt this urge to do something for SO long, but for a long time I've felt very very small....even though I am so much aware of the universal truths and it's powers... You know, power of thoughts, being all one, the great I AM....and all the beauty and power that can come out of it....

I have been looking and have been searching for others on our path....close friends, families, colleagues, etc etc.... Up untill now I only have my father who is (way) ahead of me. It was him who took me by the hand 3 years ago, he felt I was ready to travel along (long story), but he doesn't live on the island. Ok ok, I do now someone else too....friend of my father....

Even in my family and my closest environment I see and feel that they are daily choosing "the wrong" path (knowing there's no such thing as right and wrong).....let me say, less effective and the unloving path... Most people think I'm "odd" and not of this world...that I live in my own fantasy world (that is what I've been told more than once!), not understanding how I can be like that.... Little do they know that "If only we chose the loving way...."

This knowing used to make me restless inside, beacuse I didn't know and still don't....how to open their eyes.....when I know exactly what the change should look like. So far I have always been me, the unconditional love, the forgiveness, the compassionate etc etc... But somehow they just seem to keep thinking "SHE's a good person...as in...it is something that only I can be"....and they don't seem to even try to be....

So, it all adds up and I think I need to find some fellow-travellers and than invent a "playfull/interactive" kind of awareness/inspiration-project...easier for all to see, feel and touch...something they can't ignore.... Because at this moment, my people choose to be blind....

I think I'm gonna start to think about a way to find these fellow-travellers first. Once we regroup, we can start to brainstorm togethere...I'm sure we'll then be ready to launch some inspiration....

The funds I'm not worried about, because I believe that the money will come when there's the best of causes in the air.....the universe will supply for SURE! :)

I liked your ideas a lot, masha masha danki (many many thanks)!

I'll keep in touch!

Love, XAX
"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » February 23, 2007, 10:53 am

This knowing used to make me restless inside, beacuse I didn't know and still don't....how to open their eyes.....when I know exactly what the change should look like. So far I have always been me, the unconditional love, the forgiveness, the compassionate etc etc... But somehow they just seem to keep thinking "SHE's a good person...as in...it is something that only I can be"....and they don't seem to even try to be....
Dear Amapola, I welcome you to our positive community of the Peak! I think that it is not unusual to feel like one is different than others... and yet without the ability to read another's mind... there is no real knowing what lies deep down within them! So many throughout mankind's history thought in the tumult of their negative surroundings that they were "The only one seeking a better life", yet found out they were indeed surrounded my a few, a hundred, or thousands upon thousands who had the same inner vision of hope!
How do you open other's eyes? Well I believe all you can do is plant the seeds of living life well... to be a healthy example of love, forgiveness and positive encouragement! What else is there to do upon this Earth but to live the truth you've been given and carry within yourself. No one can force another's eyes open. My eyes open only when I myself wake up in the morning..........
A gardener doesn't ever *make* a garden grow. A gardener only plants the seeds, waters and fertilizes... the seeds themselves carry all the life deep inside to blossom and come to fruit! I believe we all have a magnificent potential to become such awesome positive, heartfelt, kind, empowered humanbeings!!! I also know that we all as individuals have * free will* that is within the very core of our spirit. Choice is ours what we choose to believe, live and extend to others. A positive example makes a huge impact, even if one feels none is being made. Ever see one single flower blossom high above a swath of weeds? That flower doesn't even realize the multitude of seeds that will harvest upon the wind and land to burst forth from the ground the next season... the flower never sees that following season does it?
To open yourself up to attract other positive, longing individuals to create a chain reaction that can indeed change a community and country... Oh! This has happened many times!!! I believe it is incredibly possible!
Don't worry about what you think you see, or what you long to see... patience, perseverance, empowerment over judgement, faith, hope and love! It truly can be!

Love Lion~*Seek&YouShallFindPaw
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Amapola
Fellow Traveler

Post by Amapola » February 23, 2007, 11:47 am

Dear LoveLion,

I totally agree and understand and feel your words.....and just like you said that by being all of the truths we know...the love, compassion, forgiveness and positive encouragement, to be an example of living life well....by being all of that we would be planting the seeds.... I will always keep on planting these seeds for that is who I am and will be...forever and a day...

It might have sounded though as if I wanted to force people to open their eyes. I know that forcing doesn't work, besides I don't believe it being a love-instrument anyway...
What I meant was that besides practicing love in my daily life, this urge was inside of me...to do more...to plant yet more seeds, to water, to fertilize...to make sure more flowers would grow...ready to be seen...by all who wanted to....

Something more like....the more flowers there will be, the greater the chance more people would see.....to enhance the garden.....so I knew the flowers were there....just to enhance the chances of people finding them beautiful flowers....

There was a time when I couldn't find no flower at all nor see none of life's beautitudes....I was totally blind, in pain and pretty unhappy.... My dad took me by the hand and brought me to the flowergarden. It has been right there in front of me...all the time, but I couldn't see them on my own....he helped me open my eyes....he really did....

Ever since I believe in planting seeds indeed and I believe one then can help (in a zillion loving ways) others find their way to the flowergardens....

I'm thinking of a way to plant mine.... and like the flower that spreads it's seeds, not seeing the outcome the next season....it's not about the outcome at all....not about the results or anything like that....

I have this seed inside and want to plant it.....I just want to do my part....and YES yes yes I will....

Love & blessings, XAX

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » February 23, 2007, 11:52 am

I love what you just said Lion~*.... :^

And I'm reminded of the quote by Anthony DeMello...
If it is peace you want, seek to change yourself, not other people. It is easier to protect your feet with slippers than to carpet the whole of the earth.
The way I see it, we have very little control over the paths others choose to take. But we do have control over our own path and where these two paths intersect, there is always great potential and possibility.

Amapola... I have no doubt you will be hugely successful in your efforts!

Ames0325
Good Friend

Post by Ames0325 » February 28, 2007, 8:32 am

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."--Margaret Mead
How is your project shaping up Amapola? I wanted to share this quote as a bit of encouragement b/c I know it can be difficult to try and make a difference at times. I think you have great ideas and a great start. Let us know how you're doing...

Love,
Amy

Amapola
Fellow Traveler

Post by Amapola » February 28, 2007, 10:34 am

Thank you for your encouragement, your mails and words.....positive energy always helps to build up the energy-source....

I have taken a step....

I have just talked with my sisters about this project and it got them thinking too and it felt like they wanted to join this "inspiration-movement".... We had our very first unofficial brainstorm session

So, now I have my dad and my sisters....and going after my mom....maybe we'll have to start with us. Then to think of ways to find other members....I believe diversity is a strenght and it would do our project very good.... A group of different creative minds.... I believe there is where I am...finding the minds.....

After that, together we'll brainstorm about the how's.....and what's....

We're surely on the road....we made a start....

Sunny blessings, XAX

Post Reply < PreviousNext >