Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

We Can Do It!

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mammy
Beautiful Soul

Post by Mammy » February 6, 2009, 12:12 pm

Have you fallen victim to the latest deadly epidemic that is sweeping across the planet at phenomenal speed?
The symptoms are subtle at first. You stop buying your magazine or you start bringing your sandwiches to work. You become aware of exactly how much cash you have in your wallet or pocket. You decide have a DVD night instead of going to the cinema. You notice how much everything costs.
If you recognise any of these symptoms, you've probably got a dose of Fear.
Fear is highly contagious and spread by reading, listening to, watching, talking or thinking about what is wrong with the world. This is extremely easy to do at present because there is quite a lot wrong with the world and the media are making certain that we are subjected to a constant stream of updates.
As it progresses, Fear causes separation and a loss of community as every individual and every family and every company becomes obsessed with not losing what they believe to be rightfully theirs. Hatches are battened down, barriers are erected and sharing of any kind - from knowledge to material possessions - becomes a thing of the past. Everyone guards their own patch.
Thankfully, there is an antidote, but - as is often the case - many people, especially those badly infected with Fear, will believe that the disease is easier to cope with than the cure. However, if you can even imagine that there must be a better way, then it's not too late for you.
The antidote to Fear is Action. It's simple, but highly effective. Do not allow yourself to be swallowed by the stream of negativity and do something - anything - to build up your abundance mentality.
Limit your exposure to bad news and do not be drawn into 'isn't it awful' conversations. Find something every day to celebrate - even if it's only the fact that you're still breathing. Share what you have as freely as you can, trusting that this is now, always has been, and always will be an abundant Universe. Open your heart and your mind and stand up tall and proud to face this insidious epidemic for Fear can never outbox Courage.
All it takes to get this epidemic under control and then turn the world around is for enough people to confront Fear and say 'F*ck Off. We don't want you. We don't need you. We don't believe you.'
We are so much better than Fear.
We are resilient. We are adaptable. We are visionary. We are creative. We are ingenious.
Now we are presented with a fantastic opportunity to put those amazing natural resources of ours to work and design something wonderful from the wreckage all around us.
Let's do it!

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » February 6, 2009, 5:10 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH for putting these ideas into words Mammy... our economies may not be working so well, but the Creator who has taken care of us since the day we were born is still working. Mother Nature is still working. Our hearts and minds are still working. And with the right attitude and effort we will not only continue to survive, we will learn new ways to thrive.

You're awesome!!!! ;-)

~ Ron

Mammy
Beautiful Soul

Post by Mammy » February 7, 2009, 3:07 am

we're ALL awesome Ron :) :) :)

lupinelinda
Beautiful Soul

Post by lupinelinda » February 7, 2009, 4:35 pm

Dear Mammy,

Yes, Yes, Yes! :D:

What have so eloquently stated here, is what I have tried to do everyday for the last eight years.

I will not be terrorized by the media or the nay sayers or anyone else. Life is beautiful, we are all children of the Universe and we all have an amazing Light within us.

Fear keeps our Light from shining. Courage, Love, Peace, Compassion...the list is endless...makes our Light bright and resplendent.

Thank you for shining your Light so magnificently!

Peace and Love, Linda

Mammy
Beautiful Soul

Post by Mammy » February 8, 2009, 3:41 am

Thanks Linda :)

I read a true story recently about a British soldier who was captured with his regiment and held prisoner. The conditions were horrific but he observed that people reacted in one of two ways.
One group believed they would never be rescued and abandoned all hope. These were the men to get sick and die first.
The second group started out believing that they would be rescued tomorrow, but as eaxh day passed they began to lose hope and eventaully accepted that they would die in captivity - and many of them did.
This soldier decided to adopt the middle ground. He accepted that he may not be rescued tomorrow, but chose to believe that he would be rescued some day. His attitude left room for hope - and that made all the difference.

To apply this to our present situation, the world will not recover tomorrow, but it will recover.

Hope - not fear - will carry us safely through this. Fear paralyses us. Hope nudges us forward.

:)

lupinelinda
Beautiful Soul

Post by lupinelinda » February 8, 2009, 5:35 am

Wonderful story, Mammy! And you are so correct! :)

I love the quote attributed to Pete Seeger, the folk singer, "There is no hope, but I could be wrong." It always reminds me to be hope-filled no matter what.

Love and Light, Linda

Naturelover
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Naturelover » February 16, 2009, 5:44 pm

Dearest Mammy,

Your insight is excellent!!! Since the last storms, Hurricanes Gustav and Ike, I have lived without television. I check world, national, and local news headlines on the internet and only read a limited version of the things that interest me. Instead of dwelling on the "world" problems, I have immersed myself in my community once again. It seems that re-building is an on going process in my little world, and that by taking time away from my own project to help somebody else, I keep the wolves at bay. It is easy for me to lend a hand, a tool, some sweat equity to this little section. I almost always get immediate gratification - a hug, a rosary, a child's drawing. From this, I have learned to move away from my fears.

Fear is an awesome power, but need not have power over us. If our world leaders would act, rather than react, fear would become less of a threat. The only thing greater than Fear is FAITH - in oneself, in fellow man, in the natural order of the universe. With Faith, we all win.

Celtic Warrior
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Celtic Warrior » February 17, 2009, 3:50 pm

Fantastic! Fantastic! Fantastic! A great tonic for our times. Thank you Mammy! I loved this so much I shared it with some leadership colleagues of mine around the globe! This is an article that should be published in every major newspaper to counter the gloom and doom they are peddling!

Thank you Mammy for your positive words. As Mike Dooley says " Thoughts become things - think the good ones"! :D :D: :D :D: :D :D: :D :D:

Mammy
Beautiful Soul

Post by Mammy » February 17, 2009, 3:54 pm

Thanks Celtic Warrior!!

Post Reply < PreviousNext >