Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Bittersweet

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
fredcowie
Beautiful Soul

Post by fredcowie » December 24, 2008, 6:05 am

'Twas the night before Christmas, or the day before the day before or the day before. My wife and I had just been to the funeral of a young boy, 18, who had just died from the same disease my son has. And, he had symptoms that my son is also now experienceing. Seeing the boy's family's pain and chaos caused by his death, I decided to ameliorate some of this for my family by visitng both the coroner and crematorium and getting the necessary paperwork out of the way, filling out forms in advance. This Monday, I got a call from the crematorium director who said a friend of mine had come in and had pre-paid for my son's future cremation, whether it be next week, next year, or in ten years. Bittersweet. Beautiful. Not a Merry Christmas, but a most real one.
Frederick J. Cowie, Ph.D. Please visit my website at fredcowie.com, my FACEBOOK(/fredcowie) page where I post my writings and my paintings every day. Peace!

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Liebestraum » December 24, 2008, 10:22 am

I can't pronounce words, having a nod in my throat, dear (((((Fred))))), just know I wrap your son Christian and your family in a big hug full of love and warmth. luv

Love, Peace and serenity.
Margherita :xmas:
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » December 24, 2008, 12:55 pm

Sending love my friend,

only love,

M
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

Mammy
Beautiful Soul

Post by Mammy » January 2, 2009, 6:59 am

Wow Fred that post is just so REAL.

Sometimes REAL ain't very pretty - but it is always breath-takingly beautiful.

Love to you and your family xxxx

lupinelinda
Beautiful Soul

Post by lupinelinda » January 2, 2009, 7:15 am

Dear Fred,

It's hard to put words to my feelings. I bow deeply in gratitude for your sharing this with us all.

May we help lift you and your family up now and in the days ahead.

May Love wrap you all in Its hands.

Peace, Linda

Post Reply < PreviousNext >
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable