Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Your world needs YOU!

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mammy
Beautiful Soul

Post by Mammy » February 20, 2009, 2:38 am

It seems to me as if a lot of people are feeling unsettled, insecure, troubled and scared about the changes that are happening all around us. There is bad news coming from every angle and it gets more and more difficult to stay upbeat and positive about life in the face of such a constant barrage.
The temptation to go with the flow and join in with the hand-wringers and the doomsayers is strong. It feels a bit like 'if you can't beat them, join them' because, when your energy is low, the line of least resistance looks very inviting!
If you ever start to feel like giving up hope and sinking into the abyss of fear, look up. That simple physical act of raising your head and your eyes to look at what's above you gives you an instant lift. It also has a knock-on effect of causing your shoulders to drop and your breastbone to lift. Dropping your shoulders helps you relax. Raising your breastbone, raises your energy and your confidence..
And all of this immediately improves your posture. So now you're standing, sitting or walking taller, looking the world in the eye.
Those of us who can keep our feet on the ground and our eyes on the stars are vital to the future of the world right now. Without us, the fear and darkness will take over and lead to all sorts of societal breakdown.
So take a good deep breath and look up towards a better and brighter future. It's there, on the other side of the fear, waiting for us to come and claim it.
Are you ready?

Naturelover
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Naturelover » February 21, 2009, 4:17 am

Amen and AMEN, Mammy!!!

Arjuna
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Arjuna » February 21, 2009, 11:32 am

Mammy wrote:Raising your breastbone, raises your energy and your confidence.
What a coincidence, I just read an article about this within the scope of Neuro-linguistic programming. Raising your breastbone brings air and with it relieve. So indeed a simple physical act, but effective. Thanks for sharing this knowledge, Mammy.

Tashi deley,
Arjuna

Hawkeye
Beautiful Soul

Post by Hawkeye » February 22, 2009, 9:44 am

Here's another thing: Those "they" people who study things say that laughter releases the mood elevator seratonin ... but they also discovered that the mere act of moving one's jaw up and down in an imitation of laughter also releases equal amounts of seratonin! I've used this any number of times when I was at mood-bottoms, and it's worked every time.

Those "they" people also say that lifting the corners of the mouth in imitation of a smile also releases seratonin.

I'll guarantee you this: If everything seems to be crumbling around you, and meanwhile you're sitting in a car somewhere cackling fake laughter and grinning like an idiot, the absurdity of that alone is enough to seriously lighten your load!

TRY IT!

Mammy
Beautiful Soul

Post by Mammy » February 23, 2009, 1:55 am

That's really good to know Hawkeye :)
Thank you!
I won't even have to use the fake laughter myself because I only need to think of all the other Inspiration Peak members in their cars moving their jaws and pretending to smile and I'll be laughing for real :p :p :p

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer

Post by Liebestraum » February 23, 2009, 4:02 am

Yes, dear Mammy, I am ready and I can say that I am very much aware of the importance of our attitude of trust instead of fear. I am surrounded by people who always see and refer to me about negative things and I always try to make them see the good and the light ... It is of greatest importance, as we affect everything with our thoughts. You are so right.

Hawkeye's contribution reminded me of one of Thich Nhat Hanh's quotes, which is among my favorites:

“Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.”
Thich Nhat Hanh

It is absolutely true, I have experienced it personally.

Thank you for this uplifting message.
Love and hugs.
Margherita luv
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Post Reply < PreviousNext >