Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

What kind of coffee...

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » September 6, 2009, 2:39 pm

Thanks Dnise. Coffee, Tea, Wine... good company... :D:
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

ladybird
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ladybird » September 20, 2009, 5:03 pm

G'day All!

Thought I would pop in here being somewhat of a coffee drinker myself (especially mochachinno's coz then I get my hit of caffeine with chocolate which is another fave of mine)...although I do enjoy green tea with jasmine or peppermint tea or earl grey tea or caramel hot choc drinks...variety is the spice of life I say...

Dnise thats a beaut poem...love love love it sweetie!!! :)

And those bliss buns sound very delish Linda... :D

love from a blissed (drinking coffee)
ladybird luv
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

schmetterling7
Good Friend

Post by schmetterling7 » September 21, 2009, 3:54 am

Ahem... *throat clearing*

Something to share...

This Chinese lady is not really an avid coffee drinker but she was rather pleased with herself for knowing how to order in German (as she's living in Austria) and she really likes a particular Austrian coffee...

This lady and her friend were at this cafe. She took the liberty to order because she's the one who could speak German better (as her friend was new in Austria and he's from Columbia).

A waitress approaches...

(This was in German and of course, in English as this 'girl' couldn't really speak fluent German yet! But I'll write it all in English anyway...)

Waitress: What can I get you?

L: *confidently!* I would like to have a melange (pronounced it as me-lang-e) , please and he will have a Murauer beer (an Austrian beer)?

W: *paused a moment* Errrm... you mean, melange? (She pronounced it as me-launch.)

L: *Burst into laughter (and feeling sooooo embarassed) corrected herself and...

*sigh*

You can imagine that this lady was ME!

So now, I can remember how to pronounce Melange properly now. And whenever I have my cup of coffee, it's always a cheerful thing as we had a 'cosy' moment already.

Coffee.... *sigh*... The aroma and the people that we share it with... enjoy enjoy ENJOY!! ^_*
There is hope in everything, even in the tears that we cry. It's a sense of letting go and believing that all would be alright.

soulsista
Fellow Traveler

Post by soulsista » September 21, 2009, 4:52 am

Ill have a chai & a good chat :p

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » September 21, 2009, 3:07 pm

I enjoyed that coffee story schmetterling...BIG smile :D

and I forgot about chai soulsista....I haven't had it for ages but I used to drink it all the time...I prefer the spicy not sweet type...and I love the ginger in it!

Right now tho' I am having my usual a heaped teaspoon of instant coffee with one level teaspoon of sugar and a dash of milk...

love from a blissed (drinking coffee)
ladybird luv
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

Lorenza
Good Friend

Post by Lorenza » September 23, 2009, 2:48 am

Always a real Italian cappuccino (please guys note the correct spelling...).

When you go into an Italian coffee shop, you'll be trapped in your senses by the scent of coffee and nice pastries...ah it is a delight...I miss it!

Love & rainbow
Lorenza
Love & Rainbow
Lorenza

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer

Post by Liebestraum » September 23, 2009, 8:16 am

Yes, Lorenza, you are right about the fragrance of espresso in the Italian bars. But I am sorry I prefer the "Café crème" à la suisse, being Swiss, but the cappuccino is nice too, especially with the chocolate powder over it!

Vuoi mettere!

Margherita :)
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer

Post by Liebestraum » September 23, 2009, 8:21 am

Dear Virginia, I only just now read that you love espresso. It's too strong for me. I love this coffee and tea meeting here!

Besos.
Margherita :)
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Lorenza
Good Friend

Post by Lorenza » September 23, 2009, 8:24 am

MMMMhhhhhhhh mamma che buono! I get now why you read a french book, write in english and probably speak Italian at home. Only Swiss people can do that! I am 'atypical" as Italian because I also speak 3 languages.... :D:

Lorenza
Love & Rainbow
Lorenza

schmetterling7
Good Friend

Post by schmetterling7 » September 23, 2009, 10:24 am

Eeee.... everyone seem to speak so many languages and I'm struggling with German although improving SLOWLY!!

Happy drinking coffee everyone!!

Whoopppss.... I forgot - TEA AS WELL!!

*hugs*

Schmetterling
There is hope in everything, even in the tears that we cry. It's a sense of letting go and believing that all would be alright.

Post Reply < PreviousNext >