Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

What kind of coffee...

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
ladybird
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ladybird » December 14, 2011, 8:28 pm

G'day!!!

...just wanted to say I feel much more refreshed now that I have been back a couple of days from my trip and been sleeping in my own bed and with my good shower that I am used to...and now theres reports on the news of massive flooding in the upper South Island Nelson area (where I was)...looks like I just escaped that...and I never felt any earthquakes in Christchurch while I was there either...I am very fortunate...

...today I went to a pre-Christmas lunch with my parents at this posh restaurant in the city...I got dressed up in my posh dress that I haven't worn before and wearing my new orange/silver earrings from Nelson that go nicely with my multi coloured orange, black, grey, brown splodgy patterned dress..had lots and lots of food to choose from...and washed it down so to speak with a glass of rose wine...one of the highlights was the waffle on a stick I submerged into the orange white chocolate fountain...and it was very pretty there with the Christmas decorations...they also had a huge gingerbread house on display...and a chocolate sculpture with a bird on a branch...amazing I say!!!I've promised to take a good friend of mine there but not until after the festive season when it is cheaper and less busy...it was packed in there today...

...tomorrow I am taking that friend to the movies to see Puss In Boots in 3D...and then on Monday its lunch in the city again but at a different restaurant with two girlfriends...we are gonna wing it so to speak at this stage...the area we are going to has lots of food places to choose from so hopefully somewhere can squeeze us in without a booking...its reeeeeaaaaalllllly busy at this time of year tho'!!!!

...so anyhows its raining here and theres so much traffic on the roads at this time of day so I have decided not to venture out and will have a soak in the bath instead...nothing better to do (well I could tidy up but thats not that much fun and its one of those things I put off LOL!!!)

...well thats all my news at the moment...hope you are enjoying your week so far...

love from a blissed
ladybird luv
p.s just noticed this is my 1111th post...megamaximus cool!!!
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

ladybird
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ladybird » December 17, 2011, 1:00 pm

G'day!!!

...I have been to the movies twice recently...saw Red Dog and then Puss In Boots 3D....both were excellent (altho' I did cry heaps during the Red Dog movie so much so that I had to wear my sunglasses after leaving the theatre...definately take a hanky to that movie)...I am thinking I may even see it again...then there was Puss In Boots....very good 3D effects/animation and very funny/clever....

...today I am going to my fave Thai Restaurant...will most likely have the red curry...and in the city is a store that does really good dressed up windows at Christmas time...may take a peek at 'em later...

...right now tho' I am just relaxing...having had my cuppa coffee already...

....hope y'all are enjoying your day/evening!!!

love ladybird luv

Davidf
Beautiful Soul

Post by Davidf » December 17, 2011, 3:42 pm

ladybird (since she seems to be the only one poating here as of late),
We had a pleasant afternoon here today...very unseasonably warm for this time of year here...perfect day for a lemon-flavored Snapple ICED tea!
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » December 18, 2011, 12:37 pm

G'day!!!

...pawesome to see ya again at the coffee table ((((((Davidf)))))...

....that lemon Snapple ICED tea sounds really delishimo...I love lemons and eat 'em skin and all and even go as far as fishing 'em outta drinks with a straw to enjoy munching on LOL!!!....I haven't seen the Snapple brand here...I have seen POM ICED tea however...they do three flavours...pomegranate lychee green tea, pomegranate peach passion white tea and pomegranate blackberry black tea...ICED tea is very refreshing...

...right now tho' its a cuppa hot tea time for me...yesterday it was sooooooo cold....and drizzle....hard to believe its summertime....I was so cold I even had a hot bath and put on my very warm and cuddly polarfleece PJ's for bed....they are bright cherry red with white snowflakes and stars on 'em...I only wish I could sip one of those Christmas themed hot chocolate drinks by Starbucks while wearing 'em...what a funny sight that would be...me ordering Starbucks in my PJ's LOL ;) ....in saying that I have seen other people in the street and even at a petrol station once in a t-shirt and PJ bottoms...

...so anyhows I went into town and saw the windows dressed up I was talking about yesterday...they were fantastic...it was the tale of a family Christmas done with moving doll puppets with writing underneath to 'splain the story...inside the store was also Santas enchanted forest but the queue was too long...so I gave that a miss...then for lunch it was my fave Thai Restaurant again...and yes I had the red curry (as usual LOL!!!)

...today its sunny which makes quite a change from yesterday...and I am looking forward to a lunch out again...I am wearing earrings and a necklace I bought in my recent travels in Nelson...I hope the girls like the rich fruit mince tarts with a dash of rum I take 'em (bought ones not homemade)...I bought some for myself and thought they were very yummy so then I bought some as pressies...theres six in each packet...and they were very inexpensive which makes 'em even better...

...other than that I plan on seeing the Red Dog movie again tomorrow morning...

....righteo time for me to put on some lippy and perfume before I head out...

love ladybird luv

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » December 18, 2011, 8:39 pm

G'day!!!

...back from my lunch out with a couple of girlfriends...as you may recall we hadn't booked anywhere but I found a carpark very easily which surprised me...however the Malaysian Restaurant is closed on Mondays so we went 'round the corner where theres four restaurants in a row and we liked the menu of one in particular (plus it was not as busy as one of the other restaurants)...they had an extensive all day breakfast menu as well as an extensive lunch menu and all were $12NZD or less which is very reasonable...I had button mushrooms and chopped bacon in a creamy sauce on two pieces of ciabatta toast with parmesan shards on top for $12NZD...and it was extremely yummy...I think I will go back there with my mum next year and have that again (altho' their salads looked very yummy and were large too)...then for dessert I had tiramisu which was very creamy but I wouldn't get that again...

...righteo time for a cuppa...me thinks tea this time...and some crackers with cheese and tangy tomato relish...after all lunch was a few hours ago now...cheerio friends!!!

love ladybird luv

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul

Post by lifeboat » December 19, 2011, 2:36 am

Love the sound of that Ciabatta.... scrumptious.
I am just finishing a cup of coffee whilst reading the recent posts on here. Its lovely to see more activity... hope that continues :)
Have a great day....

mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » December 19, 2011, 1:13 pm

You know I just discovered why I like to deink coffee or tea if coffee is not avaliable...
It is the warm reflective moment, the warm fluid and the opportunity to treat myself to something unhurried and vaguely fufilling...

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » January 2, 2012, 8:37 pm

G'day!!!

...sorry to reply so late but I have been out of town for awhile to celebrate Christmas and New Years with relatives in the Hawkes Bay....

...its very nice to see ya (((((lifeboat))))) and ((((((joyous)))))) here at the coffee table....and I can relate to your comment on coffee/tea ((((joyous))))....I am gonna make a coffee shortly as it happens...I just wish I had a piece of the plum and ginger torte cake I enjoyed immensely at the Mustard Seed Cafe at Turangi...that was supurrrrb....I even mentioned to the cafe staff that it was the yummiest cake I had ever tasted in my life (and I wasn't kidding!!!)...in this cake were juicy black plum halves and chunks of ginger....every mouthful was pure heavenly delight....and to me enjoying food is one of lifes pleasures that I often indulge in as anyone that knows me well can attest to...

...while I was away I also enjoyed a very yummy beef, bacon and mushroom pie, as well as battered snapper with chips and lots of chocolates (not all at once LOL!!!)...thats only a snippet really of what I ate....but I dont wish to prattle on just about food as I am sometimes inclined to do LOL!!!...it did surprise me however that I only put on 1kg considering what I ate...

...the weather was fine at the beginning of my trip but then it started to rain towards the end...and as for purchases that would be a replacement pair of casual black lace ballet like shoes as my others were falling apart and a cream lace over black lining with black piping secondhand jacket as its rather different and fitted well (lace seems to be a recurring theme LOL!!!)

...I didn't find anymore fairies I wanted to add to my collection...last count I had 22 hanging fairies...speaking of fairies heres a very nice fairy picture for you to enjoy I hope...

...all and all I had a wonderful time away...and it was lovely to be with family...righteo time for that cuppa!!!...I will be 'round

latte love
ladybird luv

Post Reply < PreviousNext >