Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Setting The World On Fire: A Love Challenge

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » January 20, 2007, 3:54 pm

"The day will come when, after harnessing space, the winds, the tides and gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, we shall have discovered fire." - Pierre Tielhard de Chardin

My friend,

So many of us genuinely want to make a difference in the world. I think the problem is often that we dont know where to start.

I believe that life is not about doing great things but little things with great love.

So why not do something nice for someone today - it really doesnt matter how big or small- and if you are able to, then share it with us, so that someone else might use your positive energy to make a difference in their own way. Perhaps the small thing that you do today might have an impact on the lives of many others.

Lets make ripples of kindness - lets light a little flame of love. And maybe, just maybe... together we can set the world on fire.

There will never be a better time to start than right now.

I hope you have a wonderful day,

In love, Maithri.

Please note that this topic was imported from our previous forum. New replies are welcome. - IP
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

dawn
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by dawn » January 25, 2007, 7:56 pm

Mahitri, this is my favorite quote. The first time I read it, I painted a picture and put those words over it. It is uplifting to see it here and to read the challenge posted with it. I am inspired. ThanK you. To feel inspired at this point in my life is welcome indeed. It is good to have the forums up again, this site has been crucial to me at times. Restoring faith, and reminding me of the mission we have in this world. To reach out, with the love given us, to those around us. I will keep your words in my heart as I go about my days. And for the compassionate, loving soul that you are, thank you.
Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. -Helen Keller

Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » January 26, 2007, 10:32 pm

Thank you for your kind words Melissa. You're an inspiration. And i know your own personal power will empower others.

Every single day, now more than ever, I see the importance of extending ourselves in love to each other. Of breaking through the bars of fear we build around ourselves and taking the risk to show another that they are appreciated and loved.

I have lost count of the people I've seen come through the doors of my hospital who are starving not for food but for love. Hungry for kindness and`aching to believe once more that there is still hope and that there are still people who care.

Little unnamed acts of kindness can sometimes seem 'trivial' to us. But I am convinced that these little acts of love hold the seeds of a revolution.

As is the microcosm, so is the macrocosm. The whole is reflective of its parts. So is it any wonder that there is indifference to the plight of the oppressed in the world when each day we are indifferent to the people around us?

We are here for a purpose. We are not just 'dumb, driven cattle' with 'hearts like muffled drums beating funeral marches to the grave'.

We are recycled stardust. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. We are Divine enzymes sent to catalyse the world.

Lets go out and love each other, embrace each other. Actively search for ways to show each other we care. Remembering that love is not sentimental and weak. Love is fire. Love is the only true evolutionary force. And Love is the only thing that can set us free.

My love to you all, Maithri.

dance of joy
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by dance of joy » January 27, 2007, 8:33 am

Melissa,

I would love to see your painting, should you care to share.

Love,

Christine
Wisdom tells me I am nothing.
Love tells me I am everything.
And between the two, my life flows.

dawn
Good Friend

Post by dawn » January 28, 2007, 8:38 pm

Christine, this is the link to a place where i posted the painting, it is very imperfectly scanned,and not an accomplished work of art but i enjoyed it. There are also a few pictures from the area I live and one of me. Let me know if this link works. Love to you, in Christ. http://www.esnips.com/web/melissadawn

Little unnamed acts of kindness can sometimes seem 'trivial' to us. But I am convinced that these little acts of love hold the seeds of a revolution.
As always inspired by such true words. I pray live and walk in the unselfish love and light of our Creator. I pray that my concerns become His and that my worries melt away in the light of His awesome love of humanity. Let us walk as the salt of the earth, bringing the flavor of grace to all that we meet. Let the gift of Christ be evident as we reach out to this lost world that is indeed starving for the very thing we have limitless access to, limitless love and boundless grace.

Once again, I am grateful for this site and and the light that shines so brightly here. -Melissa
Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. -Helen Keller

dance of joy
Beautiful Soul

Post by dance of joy » January 29, 2007, 5:48 am

Lovely! Thanks so much for sharing.

You know, you are a gifted writer. Very eloquent.

Love,

Christine

dawn
Good Friend

Post by dawn » January 31, 2007, 8:36 am

Thank you, and it really is my pleasure to share....before I get to concieted though, I have to admit that every good thing comes from God. ;)

dance of joy
Beautiful Soul

Post by dance of joy » February 1, 2007, 9:21 am

I had such a moment this week, one that touches me with the grace of divine timing and the magic of life.

I felt a strong urge to give a small gift of thanks for my lawyer and her secretary, and so I bought them each some Valentine chocolates and wrapped them up. Late one afternoon, I walked into the office -- God was surely in this moment. Her secretary had just received a diagnosis of breast cancer on the phone. When she saw me there, holding chocolates for her, she told me everything. We hugged and talked. I felt deeply privileged to be present in the moment when she needed someone and would, but for my presence, have been alone.

I learned so much that day, about the grace of life, the power of trusting your intuition... and most of all, the power of your simple loving presence.

I don't suppose I will ever be the same. luv

Love,

Christine

Hollyberry
Beautiful Soul

Post by Hollyberry » February 1, 2007, 10:01 am

Christine,
What a great moment and one to treasure. Life is so amazing. It's the little moments that really touch me.
Thank you so much for sharing.

Love and hugs,

Holly ;)
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."

~Willa Cather

Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » February 2, 2007, 4:17 pm

Wow, so inspiring,

Love, M.

Post Reply < PreviousNext >