Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

A Simple Introduction

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Laura Sue
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Laura Sue » December 15, 2009, 9:10 pm

This was my introduction to you all. Thank you again for all of the kind welcome replies.

Not sure if this a place to write this, but wasn't sure where else to put it - and need to share if it's okay. If not - I trust the moderator will remove my post for me.

Today I discovered quite by "accident" that my oldest sister, who was like a mother to me, has breast cancer. She'll have surgery on Thursday, Dec. 17th.

In addition, her oldest daughter is having brain surgery later in the month, and I have another oldest niece in another state who's dealing with many serious health issues.

While I understand in a logical way, that I cannot control the outcome, and that there are so many people in the world suffering far worse ~ I pray for all people everywhere ~ I'm hoping if you choose, you will think about those who are dear to me.

My own death of the body holds no fear for me. I would trade place with them in a heart beat. Knowing each of us is connected, yet traveling on an individual soul path - lost my train of thought.

Very tired this evening. No replies are necessary - it helped me to write there here - the place where "Love Grows." I have reaped so many wondrous benefits by coming here as often as I'm able.

In gratitude and with love, Laura

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » December 16, 2009, 10:01 am

there are so many people in the world suffering far worse

I just want to say that I don't believe there should ever be a comparison between what she/he/they are going through. Each individual and their details are important and worthy. What one goes through never negates what another is bombarded by. There is no "Less or More"... there is what is and meeting it with all you've got... and much you haven't... yet... but it comes....

Thinking of you and your loved ones... I've seen miracles of human and medical impossibilities... I hope you will also, Laura!

love Janice
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Laura Sue
Beautiful Soul

Post by Laura Sue » December 16, 2009, 10:16 am

Thank you reading what I wrote, and for your kind, thoughtful reply.

I've settled down since I wrote that post, knowing and accepting that it's not for me to determine the outcome in anyone's life.

Back to bed for awhile - very cold, windy in CT. Hope all is well with you.

luv Laura

Beautiful Mind
Fellow Traveler

Post by Beautiful Mind » December 19, 2009, 10:40 am

Dear Laura

I too am new to the forums, have been regulary visiting this site for strength , hope and wisdom but this is the first time I am posting.

Please know that you and your loved ones are in my prayers and God works in the ways beyond our comprehension. Please take care of yourself

Love
Vasundhara
Asato ma sad gamaya
Tamaso ma jyotir gamaya
Mrityor ma amritam gamaya

From non-existence lead us to existence
From darkness lead us to light,
From death lead us to immortality.
(Brihadaranyaka Upanishad 1.3.28)

Laura Sue
Beautiful Soul

Post by Laura Sue » December 19, 2009, 11:16 am

Welcome Vasundhara :)

Thank you so much for your kindness. My sister came through the surgery fine, and I spoke with her yesterday.

Even though we've lived too far apart to visit much, she is my soul companion and we understand each other well.

She was like a Mom to me when I was little, and for that I will always be grateful.

Hope you like it here, and best wishes to you!

Thanks again - :) You have warmed my heart - Laura

Post Reply < PreviousNext >