Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Ron's Challenge! (The Children of Swaziland)

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » January 20, 2007, 4:15 pm

First, I'd like to thank our friend Maithri for bringing the issue of Africa's children to the forefront... the quote he chose from Mother Theresa says everything we need to hear... "If you cant feed one hundred people, feed one." This is certainly possible and I encourage everyone reading these words to visit the Young Heroes website and, if you can, sponsor one of these beautiful kids for one year.

You'll be able to see the children's pictures - taken by Peace Corps volunteers - and even write them letters directly from the Young Heroes website. What I encourage people to do is print a copy of your child's picture, frame it and place it on your desk. This way when people come to your house or to your office and ask who the child is, you have a chance to tell their story... a story that needs to be told again and again until the world starts waking up.

I know there are a lot of people who say there's nothing that can be done for Africa... it's too far gone. Please don't believe them.

Something can always be done... and we are the ones who can do it.

One last thing.... I'd like to ask that if you do choose to sponsor a child that you please return to this page and add a simple comment that says "I did it."

If you want to take another bold step, please consider calling your elected representative and ask them what his or her office is doing about the AIDS situation in Africa. Tell them it's a very important issue and you'd like to see more being done to ensure the people of Africa get affordable HIV medications that will save millions of lives. Remember... our elected representatives work for us!

Once again, the website is called Young Heroes and they make it very easy to choose which child you'd like to sponsor.

Thank you for listening... and for all the goodness you bring to the world!

Ron
Inspiration Peak

PS... in case you haven't seen it yet, the Orphans of Nkandla video that Maithri told us about is very powerful. It'll be on the left hand side (you may have to scroll down a bit), and it makes the point much better than I can.

Please note that this topic was imported from our previous forum. New replies are welcome.
"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh

Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable