Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

What do you see where you are?

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » December 11, 2012, 8:35 pm

ANother great write.

I'm battling the fights of my life right now and don't feel like a survivor yet.... though I've survived what I had thought was the worst... till even worse came along. Yet Yes! ... I'm a survivor and I will.

Outside my window time is frozen as the snow encases every living thing. .. just as life has frozen in it's harsh encasement... chilling in it's occupation. No wind stirs the ribs of trees... just as lungs move so slow. Stars blink morse code... perhaps the answers I've sought and not yet diciphered. It's so quiet causing shivers... not unlike the beat in my chest being all that moves me. Outside my window is a time to wait... through the length.... the cold.... the solid beauty that cannot be denied... waiting for the Breath of Life to speak "Yes and Amen" .
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Martinguptill12

Post by Martinguptill12 » March 28, 2013, 2:23 am

I am able to see distant hills that are covered in sand. There is not wind or the sun is on the soil. But this was a place that men once came for gold on their horse backs in search of their dreams. Chinese burials are known to be placed on top of the bluff just outside of my east window.

glenjohnson44
Fellow Traveler

Post by glenjohnson44 » April 18, 2013, 2:00 am

I see my surroundings are beautifully adorned with sand all over with winds and sun stirring the soil and the Chinese burial urns are placed on the top of the bluff outside my east situated window.

mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » August 23, 2013, 4:40 pm

Right now, I see nothing except my key board. The sun may shine or set, the world may end...~The visions that have fed me seem to have gone away or maybe I am just not listening...
I am looking to others to share their visions; please inspire me, let me glimpse your world...
Thank you.
What do you see?
~Zep
Last edited by mwzephyr on August 30, 2013, 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Davidf
Beautiful Soul

Post by Davidf » August 23, 2013, 11:49 pm

It's late (or early depending on how you look at it) but I see trees bountiful with leaves and hear crickets chirping at the background. I see many houses and if I look hard enough on the right day , I see our trusted mailman delivering the day's mail.
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » August 29, 2013, 7:33 pm

Raindrops cling to the stillness of every pine needle, sunflower and hollyhock. The soil slowly whispering as roots suck a million straws to nourish each branch, stem and bud. A huge stealth blue dragonfly seeking moths that fly erratic circles while holding their breath! Pinecones parachuting to the ground with the hard working squirrels happy dancing back down the hundred foot tree. Most of all.... I see peace. I feel contentment companion the sigh across my lips. There is a path where I left my footprints.... with feet that were not supposed to walk ever again. And I smile looking up at gray clouds and streaks of pale blue because today not everyone can. Croak! A wee frog hidden away with only his voice giving awareness to his princess. A moment to breathe. To respect time. Cherish what has been given with no asking. Simply part of what is pure simplicity. Untrammeled beauty surrounding and within.

This is what I see

Lion~*

Matthew Weeden

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » August 18, 2014, 8:57 pm

Out the window..... I see a thousand sunflowers blossoming! A cheeky chickadee hanging on for dear life as she plucks out a seed... flies to that very particular birch branch and then back for another! I see stillness grasp the cedar and fir... nothing moves except the perfume of the last white lily that dances on the very slightest sigh ... perhaps of the bird's wing. It's calm and peace lays upon the dewed grass. I blink and it remains as such and it makes me sigh so deeply I'm afraid to exhale and stir up a speck of dust. I close my eyes and thank this pristine moment for this precious gift.

Janice~*

Matthew Weeden

mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » September 13, 2014, 10:09 pm

I see no stars nor sky,
but I see forklifts driving by.
I see flights of cranes passing through the air to deliver dies to waiting bolsters everywhere.
I see the employees like ants,
scattered across the aisles
and I see thousands of car parts in boxes stacked five and six high.
I see the headlights in the parking lot of trucks lined up in orderly rows,
to collect scrap,
deliver raw goods and finished product.

I feel the floors quake
and I see the florescent lights jiggle
and the walls shake.

I see yawns
and bags under everyone’s eyes
and I see determination in their eyes.
I know the stars and moon are watching us
and I trust that there is a plan.
We will continue at our tasks as long as our bodies can.

~Zep

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » September 15, 2014, 8:40 pm

I like the natural combined with the industrial description... I'm sure I can hear some clanging and back up beepers in this write! ;)

Matthew Weeden

mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » January 9, 2015, 4:48 pm

Thanks Lion! ;)

Post Reply < PreviousNext >