Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

What do you see where you are?

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » March 23, 2015, 1:33 pm

Today I woke up to see the tiger lily shoots covered in a blanket of snow. The sun is obscured as even the clouds are. The snow is falling and blowing without respite. It is not a violent snow storm, just a determined one. The spring venue was apparently canceled for lack of participation. The forsythia bushes appear confused with small yellow flowers on some branches and snow on the others.
Who forgot it was spring?
It has not yet been rescheduled.
My lawnmower feels foolish for having trimmed and vacuumed up the leaves and debris only two days before in 58 degree weather, but I heard it laughing at the snow blower as I passed the shed and garage. I looked in the window at the snow blower imprisoned in the shed by six inches of snow.
It glared back at me in silence. I left it alone as I did not want to further antagonize it.
I dragged a shovel from the garage to an approximation of where the door stoop should have been but I must have missed it by a few feet.
It passed out and keeled over in the snow to lie buried.
I left it there to contemplate the cold,
and I climbed back into the house to turn on my Beach Boys' music and dream of future days when the sun isn't on vacation and the sparrows decide to sing.

Six hours later, as I write this the sun is again shining, and I have discovered a car in my driveway playing peekaboo at me from under the melting sheets of snow.
Seems there may be a change of plans yet again.
This is what I saw...

~Zep ;)

Matthew Olszewski
Good Friend

Post by Matthew Olszewski » April 22, 2015, 11:39 am

Looking through my window I see my city skyline. I have an apartment located on the eleventh floor so the view is pretty good. In the distance I'm hearing the sound of a passing train and cars. Getting dark so there are more and more lights.

mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » October 16, 2015, 6:40 pm

The sparrow has flown,
but I shall never forget her song.
What I see through my window is gone,
away,
but never forgotten...
Never forgotten.

Though the autumn leaves are swept into loosely sorted piles,
I cannot forget.

The sparrow has flown,
but I shall never forget her song.

The winter's sheets await me and fate seems to have given me the cold shoulder.
But I saw her,
and I heard her song.
Perhaps when spring comes again,
so shall she come with her song.

My eyes blind to all before me,
I look into a window
where she has arrived again to sing her heart to me...

~Zep

Davidf
Beautiful Soul

Post by Davidf » October 17, 2015, 11:36 am

Zep,
A great poetic reply! Glad you witnessed a sparrow...one of life's most beautiful birds!
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!

Post Reply < PreviousNext >