Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Another Year, Another Blessing

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Muchoki
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Muchoki » May 30, 2010, 8:07 am

Today, i turn 27 years old!!!

That feels old...it feels ancient actually. It feels like I've been walking on this earth for a lifetime...well, I have been walking on this earth for a lifetime....my entire life!

However, I feel no bitterness or sadness at having aged. Contrary to popular belief, I'm one woman who is glad to age. Because with age comes wisdom...well, maybe not always, but i hope so in my case. With age, comes the realisation that I can let go of the things that brought me down, things that brought me pain, things that brought me failure, things that stole my joy, things that took me away from the right path.

Another year and the realisation that I have been blessed is sooooo overwhelming, i could weep. This year, i am blessed in so many ways. Jesus has loved me and kept me and I can only say Thank You Jesus from the bottom of my heart.

I am grateful Jesus for so many things this year but i choose to only name four (4) of out of the endless list:

(a) Salvation

It has been 27 years of this life and 2 wonderful years of walking in your love, loving and cherishing every minute of it. For 25 years you looked after me and held on to me though i acknowledged you not. You brought me up in your love and took care of me. And 2 years ago, i found you Jesus and I'm never letting go...ever! Your grace has been sufficient and sometimes i just sit and weep when i see how much you keep me Jesus. Thank you for the scarred hands that brought me life, Jesus. And as i embark on yet another year, teach me how to love you Jesus with every bit of me.

(b) My housemate Nelly

She is the strongest, kindest most loving person who ever walked the face of this earth. Her love for Jesus is so pure and strong it makes me want to cry. She is always there for me in everything...and i do mean everything. Her understanding of the Bible is so fresh and deep. She is an amazing person and i can't thank Jesus enough for the gift of her. She is one of my greatest sources of joy and I'm immensely blessed by the gift of her.

(c) My support system (the girls - Nelly, Lina, Nyawira and Ngina)

I laugh, I cry, I am, with these girls. I can be me with them with no fear. They have made the rest of my social life pretty much non-existent but they are the best. They hold me up and always stand in the gap for me. Their pure love for Jesus is such strong glue that keeps us together. I hope we are friends forever. I'm ever so grateful for these bunch of ladies that has seen me from pushing mud-stuck cars in the dead of the night in a game reserve to sitting next to the most beautiful waterfalls deep in the aberdares...I'm so grateful. These girls have become my family and I thank you Jesus for my family.

(d) The Duke - my car

Besides just getting me from point A to B, the duke has been where i run to be alone and get away from the world. In the duke, i have fought and had some wonderful conversations with Jesus. It is in the duke that i open up my heart and laugh and cry to Jesus. It is in the duke that Jesus reminds me over and over again that he loves me. Jesus, bless the duke and give him many happy miles... :)

Thank you Jesus for yet another year, yet another blessing!
As footsteps shies the front,
preferring the wake to decorate,
my life i pray,
shall acquire similar character.

Hawkeye
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Hawkeye » June 4, 2010, 7:07 am

Happy B-Day Muchoki!

I turn 42 in a few months -- and you'll notice I didn't say "I'm 41," as those do who are trying to hold the clock back. That's because I truly find that I get better in every way with age -- I was much better at 30 than 27, and I'm much, much better now than when I was 30! I CAN'T WAIT TO BE 50!!!

(Well, okay -- I can wait :D: )

Enjoy the journey!

Don
Good Friend

Post by Don » July 30, 2010, 11:44 am

What God grants us is a gift what we do with that gift is up to us, age is a great thing to recognize but do not throw each day away, I wish I was 27 or even 50 I would jump for joy for a day . I think birthdays are great but I think listening to our elders is better for they teach us the way to find Love Peace & hope, that is what we all strive for even if that horizone is not in view for you right now, it is still there.

shadmwa
Good Friend

Post by shadmwa » September 9, 2010, 3:33 am

I have always admired you girls; the openness, spirit of adventure......just the ability to be each others keeper and share this life together is a gift which you've given each other thats without measure. So reading this confirmed the truth of my admiration whenever I see you girls together plus you asserted on the poem I wrote Nelly on her birthday.

But most of all I'm touched of how you have expressed that love that is based on christ's love with this inspiring text - what i call the bear truth. Be blessed my dear and my each year resound with God's love in your life giving you yet another reason to celebrate that sweetness that comes with aging.

:) The Duke - that just made my day

~Shaddie
Keep going and keep growing

Post Reply < PreviousNext >