Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

How To Overcome Big Tasks

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
iaminspired
Fellow Traveler

Post by iaminspired » September 6, 2010, 8:39 pm

Journey to mastery can be a big and daunting task for some. It can scare or immobilizes some. Many big, huge tasks are awaiting you while on the road to mastery. What to do when faced with these huge tasks?

Take them on by doing the small tasks. When faced with huge task, simple break down the huge task into many smaller tasks. The term is call chunking down. There are several reasons why chunking huge tasks into smaller bit sizes can get you moving.

Looking at huge tasks can scare some people. This may stop some from taking any form of action. But when you are looking at easy to do task, more will tend to act because it’s so easy.

One of the tasks for us is to transcript the Mastery piece. And this is a piece that we can’t get someone else to do it for us. The whole piece is about an hour. When I thought of transcription this 1 hour work creates an unwillingness to do it. Procrastination sets in.

I decided to break it down to 5 minutes a day and I’ll transcript 5 minutes of the Mastery piece daily. Psychologically I felt it’s so much simpler. I will be able to finish 5 mins of transcription in half an hour.

Also when you chunk it down, it builds your spirit. When you have completed the small bite size, how do you feel? You feels good, don’t you? Even though it may be one small bite, you will feel awesome about it. Because you know that you are moving towards the finishing line. With every small bite size completed, you are nearer to your goal.

Then the next day, you will want to feel good again. Therefore you will conquer another bite size again.

There is a proverb saying ‘extra ordinary people are successful because they do small things in an extra-ordinary way. Doing these bite size in an extra-ordinary way contributes to an extra-ordinary big picture in the end.

What are the big tasks that you are facing now? Start chunking them!
A blog that was created by five inspirational leaders whom wanted to inspire the world. http://iaminspiredblog.wordpress.com

Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable