Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Book That Inspired You

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
iaminspired
Fellow Traveler

Post by iaminspired » September 29, 2010, 9:48 pm

What are some books that inspire you?

The books that brings you light to this world. Get you into thinking about your life, giving you the awareness and consciousness of life.

For me:
A New Earth
Conversation With God 1, 2, 3
A blog that was created by five inspirational leaders whom wanted to inspire the world. http://iaminspiredblog.wordpress.com

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » October 6, 2010, 11:00 pm

What a great question!!

My all-time favorite is 'The Prophet' by Kahlil Gibran. I keep a copy of it in my suitcase and reach for it whenever I find myself needing to raise my thoughts to a higher level.

Kahlil Gibran authored many other books too, all of them delightful to read. Another favorite from Gibran: "Jesus: The Son of Man: His Words and His Deeds as Told and Recorded by Those Who Knew Him."

Thanks for asking! ;)

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » October 7, 2010, 4:47 pm

Tuesdays with Morrie - by Mitch Album

Morrie was a richly positive man while his body was being eaten up by disease... the importance of life... of living it well... of loving with all your soul all who encompass you. To give your all. To trust. To heal. To know how to die so you know how to live! What a concept!

Mitch Album's Have a Little Faith, is another tremendous lesson of living life ... really, really living life with gratitude and dignity!
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable