Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

How To Pull Yourself Through A Rough Patch

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hawkeye
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Hawkeye » October 5, 2010, 11:43 pm

Picture yourself at a happier place in the future. Let your future self encourage you; let her say, "I know it's hard, but you made it. You'll get through this. We're HERE now." Then someday, when you get to that place, make sure to look ba...ck and say to you, back here, back THEN, "I know it's hard, but you made it. You'll get through this. We're HERE now." Then give yourself a hug across those years. Then you'll always know that YOU have your back. :)

PS: That's how I got through the worst of the long, sweltering hungover days at the metal shop where I worked. I pictured myself clocking out at 5PM, and saying to myself, "See? It's over. You do make it eventually." And I'd always be sure to reach back to the 8AM guy while I was clocking out and tell him the same.

It works :)

I call them "time markers."

iaminspired
Fellow Traveler

Post by iaminspired » October 6, 2010, 11:35 pm

I will tell myself, it will be over. It can't get any worse! In the next step the only way is up.

As long as I persevere, I will reach the end of the tunnel. There will be light. The moment I give up, I will die in the tunnel.
A blog that was created by five inspirational leaders whom wanted to inspire the world. http://iaminspiredblog.wordpress.com

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » October 7, 2010, 4:38 pm

I can pull myself into the future... and I know I will make it and can encourage myself... for myself in both directions and I get what you say.... I still seek that which can even possibly console the inconsolable... that tiny * in* that has no out. ???
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >