Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Where Were You The Day The Bombs Fell?

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hawkeye
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Hawkeye » October 5, 2010, 11:50 pm

I wept the night the bombs fell on Baghdad. I could feel the bodies burning, the men, women and children being blown apart. 1 in 4 Americans knew the war was a lie, but the media broadcast the lies over and over, and 70% believed. There weren't enough of us to stop it. To the millions who lost lives, homes, bodies and loved ones, I can only say I did everything that I could.

Today, not a single school teaches this history. No public service announcement warns citizens about how easily a population can be manipulated, through fear, to support mass-violence. And an entire generation is growing up believing that what we did in Iraq was perfectly normal.

Denver, March 16, 2003

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » October 6, 2010, 8:47 pm

I remember that day very well Hawkeye... even though there were millions of people in the streets protesting, the mainstream media had absolutely no interest in telling the other side of the story. (Unless, of course, the protests would be interfering with local traffic.)

As far as what they're teaching in the public schools now, I honestly don't know. But I do know a lot of young people and they seem much wiser to me than I was at their age. Many of them do understand that we were rushed into an unnecessary war by a government with selfish interests. The question is, will this knowledge help to prevent the next war or will it simply cause more disillusion and apathy.

My guess is that our countries will continue to make similar mistakes until we are completely bankrupt or we finally learn the necessary lesson(s). In the meantime, I think it's our duty to speak out for those who continue to suffer and die as a result of misguided foreign policies.

Wishing you a good night Hawkeye, wherever this may find you. And thank you for sharing what's in your heart.

~ Ron

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » October 7, 2010, 5:03 pm

Mankind's history shows those who care! Those who oppose the disgraceful wrongs done underneath various meaningless battlecries that have left civilizations reeling... but those are not the ones who need to learn. The continuation of war repeats itself in arrogance on singular and collective levels. Until all mankind is addicted to love instead of selfish ambition... crying will repeat itself as far into the generations to come as it has in all our ancestor's generations that led up to our birth. History shows an incessant need to learn the hard way. You'd think for such claims of intelligent life... we would have stopped what doesn't work by now.... sigh...
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >