Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

What it takes to be myself

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » November 26, 2010, 2:19 am

Been contemplating for a very long time, just what it takes to be myself. Here are a few things I've learned. I'd like to know what you think and what it takes for you to be you?!

To be myself I:
- Renounce what doesn’t allow me to live emotionally, physically and spiritually my whole soul’s self!

-Accept every single aspect of who I am…: Positives, so-called negatives, strengths, frailties, bravery, vulnerability, pain, contentment and dis-ease, choices and consequences. I need that balance.

-Separate from all the judgments, accusations and misperceptions I am not! …: The opinions of others does NOT make up the truth of my soul! The truth has always been there maturing with me my whole life.

-Acknowledge all the details of my life…: What was, was and what is, is. Mourn or give praise… it just is and I am NOW… not then.

-Be fearless…: Fear stagnates who I truly am! Why should any aspect of what I feel be somehow avoided? I am whole and nothing at all can be taken away or negated. Nothing is a * mistake*. How can it be? I've learned far too much!!! Ditch fear…cling to empowerment! Fear doesn’t allow the true reality of who any of us are. It becomes an excuse to hide. I deserve better! All do!

-Make no excuses! … ‘Oh but I am just this way!’… Sorry, nope! Being personally accountable is vital to our soul’s integrity. Don’t steal your own honor away. It takes courage to do what is right. Honesty is always imperative!

- Mercy and forgiveness…: It is true that others do and say things that hurt us deeply. Feel that hurt, but don’t cling to it. Choice is powerful. Why cage yourself in malice and bitterness. Each person owns their own accountability like it or not! I don’t need anyone to lambaste me with mine. What right do I have to do so to another? We all need mercy at some time. It never takes anyone out of their accountability. It frees you from demanding it and allows it to be solely theirs! Personal accountability brings justice no amount of unforgiveness can force. You may never see it... but I have faith it will happen with us all at some point known or unknown.

-Don’t hoard emotions till they make you a prisoner of them…: Feel what you feel, know what it is and why and then breathe!!! You are not the details that construct your life’s path… you are just you! Those details can hinder who you are… or empower you to be indomitably… YOU!

To love others as yourself… you must actually love and accept your whole yourself! Then the love you have for others will flood from your heart even more unstoppable than it did before.

I know there is more... but this is a large part of it.

What does it take to be you?
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by mwzephyr » November 26, 2010, 6:28 am

I work on being free from fear and doubt. I chose to be kind.
I always say thank you,
and allow myself to feel joy at least once a day.
I was made by God and I shall honor his love by loving others also.

Sadness Princess
Good Friend

Post by Sadness Princess » November 28, 2010, 1:51 pm

I agree with everything you said, Lion... and above all the part where you keep focusing on how details of our lives are not supposed to make us who we are... I think that this a great deal of what disfigures our own image in our own eyes and let us end up not accepting ourselves.. at least I know I've been there...

But then again, I believe from the core of my heart, that we all make mistakes, why keep punishing ourselves and blaming ourselves to the point of forgetting any positive moral or value that could be learnt from that mistake instead... To do the right thing doens't just need courage, but it needs the belief in what you are about to change within yourself or in your life in order to reach that goal...

If we cannot free ourselves from the "others' might say, or might think", we will end up being shadows of who we want to be...

I remember once an old man asked me what I wanted to become in the future, and I answered that I wanted to be a writer... so he told me... "Wrong, don't say I WANT, but say I WILL".... I thought about it for minutes and told him that it was almost the same thing, but he told me that to say you will be someone or something gives a direct order to your subconscious as well as to the will, in order to walk the path that will take you there.....

I WANT to know the real me, and accept her as she is, love her and forgive her, in order to BE able to love and forgive others....

That was just a thought.......
What doesn't break you makes you stronger.

Post Reply < PreviousNext >