Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

mind over matter

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tradtke
Fellow Traveler

Post by tradtke » May 22, 2011, 8:08 pm

I used to think that the ability of someone only has to do with with physical ability. I've learned that's not true, not even close actually. I've seen people who appear to be experienced athletes fail against someone who appears to be your average person. the reason is because that average person wanted to achieve more.

Your physical ability means nothing unless you are mentally capable of achieving your goals. its easy to find stories where people have found internal physical strength that otherwise they would not have, and used it to save a life.

Having a healthy mind is crucial to lead a healthy life. Your physical strength means nothing unless you have a healthy mind, yet if you have a healthy mind your physical strength comes from what you believe in.

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » May 24, 2011, 8:58 pm

Welcome tradtke! Mind over matter is so very true!

As a person who had her physical strength stripped away in the splitting instant of a second during a severe surgical mishap... I can tell you that strength comes from the core of your soul! Where my physical strength was completely drained from me... my spiritual and emotional strength took over! I refused the very poor prognosis that was labeled through my medical charts. I've been working my way back bit by bit. I'll never be physically strong again..... BUT..... I've also never been as spiritually and emotionally strong as I've become. I've conquered more in my weakness than many, most that I know who are abundant in muscles and stamina. I actually work with intense physical weakness of great strength to accomplish what have this past year. (yes, that actually does make sense! :? )

Having a healthy mind is crucial to lead a healthy life. Your physical strength means nothing unless you have a healthy mind, yet if you have a healthy mind your physical strength comes from what you believe in.
Having a healthy mind is crucial to lead a healthy life. Your physical strength means nothing. Your healthy mind means everything! Your strength comes from what you believe in!

... And what you believe in is vital!!! Absolutely vital!!! ;) Love is the fuel I thrive and dwell on for strength. Love past/present/ seen/felt/God/self/others. There is so much in life that leaves people starved and weak... in body and soul... but knowing, accepting, extending and making every morsel you've ever had of love ever-present... especially during your harshest debilitating moments...fills the void and strengthens ones entire being. The impossible phycially, emotionally and spiritually.... becomes possible when you believe.
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » May 25, 2011, 3:35 pm

I think we may have left out one very important element Tradtke... one that our friend Lion~* displays all the time:

A healthy HEART!

And I'm not talking about how well it beats... but how much it loves.... ;-)

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » May 25, 2011, 6:55 pm

What a tremendous compliment... thank you ((Ron))) :) Nothing else matters... ... not in the scheme of all the things that truly matter!
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >