Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

deal with it

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tradtke
Fellow Traveler

Post by tradtke » May 26, 2011, 3:20 pm

Change what you can, and deal with what you can't.

to many people in this world feel sorry for themselves and do nothing to change their life. If you don't put any effort into life all your going to get is the level of effort...nothing.

We all have obstacles to overcome, what makes us the people we are is how we choose to deal with them.

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » May 26, 2011, 8:35 pm

This becomes quite the dilema for many people.

Just how do you deal with what can't be changed? Often you don't know at the start what can or can't be changed. How does one "dealing with it" when there is no experience, no trusted person to turn to for wisdom, no idea how to get over or around that obstacle?

I've known people who have been swamped in the details of their life and don't know what to do with their predicament. It isn't a matter of simply feeling sorry for self... they have no emotional skills to choose what to do.
Change what you can, and deal with what you can't.

People need logistical options they can impliment to do this. I used to be told on repeat throughout my life... " Get OOOoooover it!" but never given the important skills to do so. I sought the wisdom and knowledge that I needed. You can`t demand anyone change or accept just because you say so. Sometimes those "ITS" are not so easy to change, deal or get over!!! This is why people need people! Why we need respectful communication, encouragement, life experience and honesty to support each of us along our life path. Too many do not have this... and find IT just insanely difficult to deal with.

Just as the saying goes... Teach a person to fish and they can feed themselves for a lifetime.... teach a person HOW to deal well with happenings of life.... and what happens.... they make wiser choices in living life well. You just can`t expect it all to just happen... it doesn`t work that way. For such as this... we are community.
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by lifeboat » May 28, 2011, 2:36 am

"This is why people need people! Why we need respectful communication, encouragement, life experience and honesty to support each of us along our life path."

Amen

I gues that is why the Serenity Power is so powerful.

First of all because it is a prayer, acknowledging we cannot do it by ourself. Secondly acknowledging that we can waste precious energy bashing our head against an unmovable brick wall that can be preserved by serenly accepting that brick wall aint gonna move.

And of course it takes strength and courage to change and, since so often you can change more than you think you can, a lot of wisdom to know what you can and cant change.

One thing I can change, and need to, is how often I stoop down and help someone see there is a path ahead and take their first few steps along that path. All too often I do not do anything like as much as i could.

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » May 28, 2011, 10:44 am

Loved your response Lifeboat!

I always say, " It takes courage to do what is right!" This means stepping up to help others when one is able.... sometimes those brick walls bar us. They don't stop us from changing and doing what we can, where we can, how we can! ... even if who we'd like to be there for... has to be someone else instead.

Serenity.... amen... indeed!
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >