Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

making progress

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tradtke
Fellow Traveler

Post by tradtke » May 28, 2011, 7:00 pm

I'm a list person. I have been for a long time. I don't like to consider myself OCD, but when it comes to lists i think I am, which brings me to the point of my post. I get very anxious when I have things on my mind, but i'm not making any progress to finish them. My dad says its a trait of the family to have 4 projects going all at once. I make lists to try to avoid that so I can see what i need to do and what has allready been done. it feels good to cross things off my list because i'm making progress, but then at the opposite end if i'm not crossing things off I get a lot of anxiety sometimes to the point where I can't sleep at night. It's weird because lets say I have three house tasks that need to get done. i know I have to get them done, but thats no good enough. I need them scheduled on a list to when i'm going to do when. If i don't have that list then I get very anxious and feel out of control.

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by lifeboat » May 29, 2011, 1:53 am

Nice self-awareness Tradtke.

I suspect we are all prone to being distracted by the most recent thing to flit past our eyes so making lists of the things you most want to give your time to is a great idea to help prevent that.

Having multiple projects on the go can be a good thing as it allows you to move project B forward during inevitable periods when you can't work on Project A ( maybe weather wrong, co-worker not available, plaster drying before you can paper, etc ).

Its important not to overlook the things you do everyday from your list of 'things I have accomplished'. This may include prayer, meditation, enjoying nature all of which nurture your soul. You should feel good when you achieve these each day.

It seems as if 'overplanning tasks more than a few days away' is a task you are spending time on but know it shouldnt be on your list. One approach is for each of your 'four projects' limit yor task list to four steps. Three specific tasks and a fourth which might be: 'Plan the next three specific tasks for this project'.

Post Reply < PreviousNext >
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable